Options

I decided I have to wait! :(

I have been trying to fight everyone! I can't do it anymore. Its so stressful trying to make my dream come true while defending my decisions. It hit the all low when I asked a question over on a different baby website. Some of the answers helped me in some ways. One answer that's all it took to bring back all the feelings I have been trying to get over.

I asked a question hoping I would get help in understanding why doctors think I can't pay for my hospital stay. They want me to get on Medicaid. I don't want that, but they say (as they put it) "We highly suggest you get on it once your pregnant."

All I asked is why were doctors telling me this? I didn't understand. They said someone like me doesn't deserve to have children. And then asked me I quote "please don't procreate!" :'(

I can handle a lot. Ive been able to handle anything that's been thrown at me so far. But someone telling I don't deserve to be a mom. I can't handle that!

Comments

• Options
    You know what. No I'm not waiting! Why should I? Just because One hateful person said disgusting things to me. Yesterday I was sad. I'll admit it. Someone telling me I don't deserve to be a mom when that's the only thing I want. Who wouldn't be upset. But today, I'm just angry. No one should be able to talk that way to people. Especially when all that person did was ask for advice. It's disgusting. I'm going on with my dream. I'm going to be a great mother one day to a beautiful baby! No ones taking my dreams away from me.

Sorry I just needed to vent! I feel better now. :)
  • Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you. I am also glad to hear you have bounced back. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Luckily my friends are supportive and everyone here on the boards has been a great support. Reading books has been helpul too like Louise sloans knock yourself up. I personally wouldn't go to any doc that wasn't supportive. I will be a single mom as well without a lot of financial stability but plenty of people without money raise kids sucessfully. The important thing is that you want to be a mom bad enough to pursue a difficult route. Loving the child is one of the most important things. If I find I need help then I will apply for Medicaid. No one should be making that judgement for you. Best of luck to you and if you're ready go for it! Don't let other people hold you back.