Options

Our journey starts with 14209

Hello!
After three months of appointments, tests and preparation, my wife and I are happy to be starting this journey on becoming parents! Exactly two weeks until our blood test, good luck to all on their journey :)

Comments

• Options
    Congrats on your start! My wife and I are also using this donor and begin in August. I wish you both the best of luck!
  • Options
    Hi Periwinkle! Congrats to you both as well, unfortunately last month's iui was unsuccessful. Best of luck to you, would love to hear any updates :)
  • Options
    I'll certainly let you know! You do the same. Hang in there, it will happen. ????
  • Options
    Second iui today with this donor, crossing our fingers!
  • Options
    Just stopping in to say I hope all is well with you. I'm now set up for a late August cycle so we'll see what happens by September!
  • Options
    Hi Periwinkle! Glad to hear things are moving along for you according to plan. Unfortunately, our second iui was unsuccessful. We are thinking about switching donors and possibly taking a short break to regroup. Please keep us posted, we hope you have better luck with this donor!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. I believe it does usually take 3-4 IUIs before you typically get a positive. I hope once you try again with this donor or another that there is a better outcome. I'll let you know how things go on my end. Since we are doing IVF it's definitely a longer and different process. Keep in touch!
  • Options
    Did you and your partner go straight to IVF? We are keeping our options open.
  • Options
    Yes, we did. We didn't see the point in spending thousands on the 3-4 vials needed to be successful with IUIs, when we could spend that, but get a quicker result. However, we also have insurance that pays for IVF and I'm in my late 30's so time is not on our side. We want to possibly have two children and our doctor said this was the best route.
  • Options
    Well good luck! We have decided to switch donors for iui #3 next week. Hopefully this will be our last one, we are staying positive.
  • Options
    Wondering if anyone has any vials left over from 14209? My wife and I have had one unsuccessful IUI and only have three vials left for her AND my IVF cycle. We are freaking out!! Thank you!