Options

doctor

Do you need a to see a doctor if your going to do a ICI at home?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not with the Cryobank, but having just done an ICI at home, I know that you have to get your doctor's permission via an A1 form that can be downloaded from the site:

http://www.cryobank.com/_resources/pdf/Documents/A1.pdf

Your doctor can fax it directly to CC. That's what mine did.

However, I must say I was unhappy with the vial quality (see my comment on this same topic---still waiting to hear back from CC) and the experience didn't go very well. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

--CSS
  • Options
    You can also have the A1 sent directly to your physician from your My Account page.

One of the reasons we recommend having a physician do your insemination is to make sure the thaw, vial analysis, and insemination procedure are done correctly. There is no way to test your vial or know if everything was done correctly at home. Statistically speaking, an experienced physician gives you a much better chance of success than doing it at home since the sperm is placed much closer to the egg.

We certainly have clients who are successful at home, but we highly recommend trusting a trained medical professional to maximize your chances.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB