Options

Ovulation Prediction Kit

Has anyone used an ovuluation prediction kit prior to IUI? I'm wondering how many months I should chart my ovulation before trying IUI. My insurance will not cover procedure because I'm 40 years old and I want to do whatever I can to make this process sucessful in one or two tries. I can't afford to try any more times that that. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Habs,

I used an OPK for 1 full cycle before attempting my IUI on 3/7. I wanted to be confident with pinpointing my day of ovulation and also to practice interpreting a + OPK. I'm so glad that I did.

I used OvuSponse. But, I wasn't confident with interpreting the shade of the test and reference lines. The colors were always so close. So, during my last cycle I used both the OvuSponse and Clear Blue Easy Digital (both OPKs were $30). I LOVE CBE!!! Like the name, it was so easy. No lines. You get a circle for a negative result and a smiley face for a positive. I LOVE that and highly recommend it.

I tested using OvuSponse 1st then confirmed a positive result with CBE. I was confident in moving forward with my IUI the following morning. :-) Much like you, I wanted to do whatever I could to increase my chances of get PG with as few attempts as possible (with the understanding that some things are just out of our control, of course).

I have a 27 day cycle, started OPK testing on CD10, got a + OPK on CD14 and inseminated the following morning. Now in the 2WW!!

Habs, I wish you the best of luck!! Hang in there and remain positive! I'm sending you TONS of Babydust!!
  • Options
    Habs, I also recommend the Clear Blue Easy, just as chaveece states. It is user friendly!
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    I too agree with the CBE digital...they are great! I would at least do one practice cycle before the IUI so that you are familiar with your cycle. We did that by the suggestion of our RE. He wouldn't even do the IUI until we had one practice cycle.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the information. You have someone in Connecticut praying for you. Please keep me (and us) posted. We're all in this together. You're right this is one of the things that is definitely out of our control. Godly intervention is what we all need whether one believes or not. :)