Options

Freaking Out!

Please help! I am forty years old and got pregnant with my first (unmedicated) IUI on July 2nd. I feel incredibly blessed, but I am incredibly scared.

I took one HPT a week early (just to see) and got a negative. Two subsequent HPTs were both positive, and AF is officially a week late.

But my doctor doesn't want to see me for TWO MORE WEEKS. She said we might as well wait until there's a heartbeat. Is this normal? Don't most doctors want blood tests or something? Doc said she'll know with the heartbeat that it's a viable pregnancy.

I would hate to be excited for two more weeks and then get sad news, although I suppose that will be the name of the game for the next twenty years.

Need reassurance or advice please! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    That does seem kinda strange that your Doctor wants to wait 2 more weeks. I got my BFP on day 12 post IUI and on day 15 & day 17 we did the blood work. She said it was important to do it at that time to make sure the pregnancy was viable especially since I did clomid and the trigger shot. I would request it or demand it if you have to!

Good luck and baby dust!!
  • Options
    Hi dr -

While a blood test would confirm what your HPTs already have told you, it would not confirm the viability of the pregnancy.

I know the wait is impossible, but the heartbeat is what you will really need to confirm the viability of the pregnancy.

Trust your doctor and believe that everything will be fine.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you Scott! That's what the doctor said, so I feel better. August 2 can't come fast enough!