Options

Trying to Conceive # 1-looking for advice

Hi Ladies,

I'm hoping some of you can lend some insight. I'm 30 years old and recently met with a reproductive endocrinologist to discuss fertility preservation, freezing my eggs for future use. Unfortunately some of the routine blood work came back with some not so great news. It appears my ovarian reserves are very low for my age. He said they usually see this in women who are 40, not 30. Anyways, he said that its not impossible but that if I wanted to get pregnant "now is a great time". I really want children and now feel very rushed in this decision. I really want this but at the same time I'm very anxious, a little scared, and wondering if I can really do this on my own. Has anyone else felt like this? Are these just normal worries? Sorry for all the questions, just looking for advice from other single moms by choice. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

My name is Michelle and I am a single mom by choice. I am 41 years old and I have a 1 1/2 year old. He was born on my 5th IUI. I am so in love with him, no words can describe my feelings :) This love got me through all the hard times. I am currently trying to get pregnant again, unfortunately after 6 IUIs (6 after my son's birth) I decided to do IVF. I am currently starting my IVF cycle. I thought I was crazy trying for one kid on my own, now I am pretty sure I'm crazy ;) I am full of anxiety, fear and have doubts all the time. However, no matter what, I keep going back inside and ask myself "is this right for me" and the answer keeps coming back as "yes." I would be worried for you if you were not anxious, fearful, doubtful. The fact that you have all those feelings means that you are thinking about this, which is great! We are capable of doing so much more than we think.

I wish you all the luck! Give yourself some time to think about this and trust your gut!