Options

Need some IUI timing advice

Hello ladies.. This is my first time posting. Normally just a lurker. But I'm have a question and would love some advice and support.
Normally I get a positive OPK on day 14-15 of my cycle. It has been this way for the past 8 cycles of charting. I'm a single mother and have been attempting an IUI for my pregnancy. Obviously my timing has to be perfect in ordering my vials and up to this point it has always worked out perfectly since I thought I knew when I would be O.
So here is my problem. I had a positive OPK this morning which is about 3-4 days ahead of schedule. And my vials are not due to my doctors office until Monday morning. I know they say ovulation occurs 24-36 hours after a positive surge. So do you think I missed my opportunity OR is there still a chance that I can get the IUI in time?
Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I think Monday is going to be too late. If it were me I think I would wait until next month. Can your doctor store the vile one month for you so it does not go to waste? Good luck.
  • Options
    Hmmm. I was afraid of that. Unfortunetly my doctor does not have storage so I would have to return the vial. I hate to be out the big shipping charge but I guess that is better than wasting the vial and the worry.
    Curious.. I tested again just because I obsess like that and this time it turned out negative. In your experience have you ever seen a surge just last for several hours. Now I'm beginning to think that it might be a false positive for some reason.. I tested last night before going to bed at about 10 and it was negative and todays surge at 11 was positive. Then just a bit ago around 4 it was negative. That just seems weird to me.
  • Options
    What kind of testing kit are you using? I use the Clear Blue Easy Digital tests, that have a very clear to read smilly face. For awhile I used the test with the lines, which I found very confusing.

I don't know how common it is to get a false positive, however a friend of mine has poly cystic overies are she was frequently getting a positive OPK, however her doctor told her that she actually was not ovulating at all. It does not sound like you have this problem, however, because your cycle seems to be regualr.

If up to this point your cycle has been regualr (which you are saying it has), than I would wonder if the positive OPK test result was incorrect and that you should keep testing to see if you get a positive test at the expected time before you send anything back. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi kelly -

First off, as Nella suggests, you should try another test. False positives are not uncommon. Unfortunately, an inconsistant cycle (even after 8 in a row) is not uncommon either.

If you do need to send the vial back, we can arrange free storage for you. Please contact Carmen in our Client Services Department at 866-927-9622 and she will help you. She may also be able to find another facility in your area to provide storage for the month to avoid the shipping fee next month.

The tank guarantee is one week from the day it is shipped.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB