Options

intercourse after ICI

I have another question I am trying at home ICI for first time this month. My husband has no sperm count so we are using donor sperm. I have not seen any posts on here relating to having sex after ICI. Im assuming that having sex right after ICI would not be smart but I have read that sperm can live in the vagina for up to three days. Is it smart to abstain from having sex for at least three days after insemm or could having sex actually increase chances because of the stimulation?

Comments

• Options
    I am no expert, I have just read alot about ICIs and IUIs and most of what I have read says that intercourse actually INCREASES your chances. Definitely do some research yourself, or even consult with an OB/GYN or RE.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    From what I've read, you should have sex right after an IUI/ICI. Like the PP says...ask your doctor. I don't see what it would hurt though.
  • Options
    I was also afraid it would "dilute" the donor sperm, but when I asked my RE, they said there was no reason we couldn't. So relax, and have fun!
  • Options
    The paperwork I got after mine said and I quote "Intercourse is encouraged"... boy did that make Mark happy!! :)
  • Options
    I know this may be a little late but i had sex with my husband after i did ICI at home and it worked but i later had an early miscarriage.i don't think sex could hurt anything.
  • Options
    This is interesting because if you read up on the history of ICI, sex afterwars was actually part of the original protocal that was used decades ago. Partly, it was included for the psychological benefit of making the husband feel involved in the process, but increased seminal fluid also gives the sperm something to swimin , and orgams can help move the swimmers up the reproductive tract. So go head and do what you feel. A lot of people have been conceived this way.