Options

Donor 14278

Hello ladies,

Is anyone using this donor? We had an unsuccesful back to back in Sept and we might be switching donors. I see that he has no reported pregnancy but we are wondering if anyone is planning on using him.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

I noticed in his profile he marked "yes" for having been responsible for any pregnancies. I imagine that means they're swimming even if none have been reported to the bank as of yet. Was September your only attempt thus far? We purchased several vials but are not planning on trying until December.
  • Options
    Hi Tumbleweed1029:

That is what they said when I called to ask. I already know of another couple that will be trying sometime this month. We already ordered the vials and were suppose to try this cycle in November, but I think we will try in December (not too sure yet). Sept was out first IUI and we did back to back with another donor. How about you? Will December be your first ?
  • Options
    chickenbelly,

So I'm getting your first IUI in September was with another donor, and then you switched just recently to 14278, is that right? Did you use the exchange program? Yes, if December works out for timing it will be our first attempt. I'm feeling nervous and excited. Can I ask what qualities you were looking for in your donor? I'm just curious to know what you liked most about him? The whole process of searching for the right guy on an online catalog has been an wild experience for us.
  • Options
    Hello Tumbleweed1029: Yes that is correct. Our first IUI was in September with another donor. What is the exchange program? Our vials from the previous donor were both low (lower than their guaranteed count) so we did receive a credit.
    We already ordered our two vials for this donor 14278, which are already at our RE office. We were planing for November IUI but we are going to skip November due to a family trip and try in December. I already met another couple who is trying now in November, sometime mid month.

Since my wife is carrying and she's dark blonde/light brown hair and green eyes and I'm a brunette with honey eyes we wanted a donor with brown hair and light eyes. We also wanted someone with a great medical background. We love the fact that he has a great medical history, is athletic and smart.

I am so glad there are others, being that he just became available in August and has no pregnancy as of it.

Please keep in touch, here is my e-mail, Jennmargonzalez@yahoo.com

Where are you from? We are in South FL.

Best of luck.

--Jen
  • Options
    Jen -

Thanks for reaching back again. Best of luck to you both next month. Please let us know how it turns out. We also have family travel plans mid November driving our timeline. My next appointment isn't until Dec. 9th.

So you noticed his great medical history also. We were very drawn to that clean health background across the board, and really just loved the feel of his personality in the interview. I wanted someone educated, well read, and also who enjoyed the outdoors and travel like we do. He really just ticked all of our boxes with the exception of musical ability, although we noticed his brother and uncle are both musically gifted.

In the beginning I expected brains, music, and a face that stood out to us would be all we would look for. There wasn't a particular physical attribute we were in search of necessarily, just a photo that resonated with me, although I prefer light eyes as well. I was pleasantly surprised that the volume of information the bank provides on donors allowed us to be much more discriminate about personality. Ultimately we picked the person who gave us the best vibe, and I'm very glad we found him because it's put us at ease moving forward. We keep looking though profiles every week, but there's not one other donor I've liked nearly as much. Last night I let my sister, the first of my family, see his photos and listen to the interview. She immediately lit up and said "I really like him. He seems like one of your close friends from college." That made me smile because I'd had that same impression.

Anyway, I'm glad there are others also. I had assumed there were since the bank told us he's been retired and what vials he has left at this point are the last even though, like you said, he's only been available since August. In October they told us he had one batch left in quarantine but was overdue for a blood draw, uncertain if that last group would be released. We were also told that he had just over 25 vials, but when we purchased ours his vial status did not change. Is the other couple you know of on the CCB Bulletin Boards?

My wife and I are currently living in Texas, but we're not from this area, just passing through. Our jobs move us every four or five years so we'll be moving on to the next big adventure in about 18 months. We're originally from Cincinnati and Asheville NC.

Keep in touch and let us know how it turns out.

- Natalie

tumbleandhatch@gmail.com
  • Options
    Hello!

My wife and I are also using donor 14278! Our first IUI is actually this Friday, December 4th.

I've been trying not to focus on the fact that there were no pregnancies reported for this donor, knowing that he was relatively new but it was definitely on the back of my mind. I was so relieved when I looked today and saw that had changed!! It's definitely just one less thing to think about during this whole process.

Good luck to both of you and your wives on this crazy and exciting journey!!

-Meredith
  • Options
    Hi Meredith!

So happy today to notice your post here. Yes, a crazy exciting adventure for sure. We also noticed that his status was updated to "yes" for pregnancies which is a great sign. Please feel free to stay in touch if you'd like to, our email address is posted above.

We're wishing you both the best of luck tomorrow with your IUI. Fingers crossed.

- Natalie
  • Options
    Hi Meredith!!

We were relieved when Natalie gave us the news about him having a reported pregnancy. We've met another lesbian couple on Facebook that is also using our donor and her 2nd IUI was this morning (12/5).

We are currently waiting on my wife's cycle to start so that we can go in on day 3 and check her follicles and discuss medication options.

Please keep in touch: jennmargonzalez@yahoo.com

Where are you guys from?

Fingers crossed for both of you, best of luck!

Jen
  • Options
    Hello:

Just an update for any new comers. Our December IUI was a failed one. Going on our IUI #3 now in January. Today was our day 3 check up and we will be doing the last dosage of Femara which is 7mg (2.5mg x3 pills a day from days 3-7) and hopefully this higher dosage does the trick for us.

Anyone else using this donor?

Best of luck everyone

Jen
  • Options
    Does anyone have an actual sperm count (washed) on this guy prior to the iui? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    7.3 million Total Motile Sperm (IUI sample), which is considered low. :(
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I wanted to see if there are any updates? Any pregnancies? My wife and I are having our second IUI this week with this donor. Very Anxious. Hope it takes this time!

Also, btw...The IUI sperm counts through CCB are all typically 7 million- 13 million.
  • Options
    Hi TwoMoms,

I know of 2 pregnancies with this donor. My wife and I have yet to be successful. We are going into our 4th cycle this week. Please feel free to keep in touch. Good luck to you both.

- Natalie
    tumbleandhatch@gmail.com
  • Options
    After several failed attempts we had a baby boy using this donor. If you have a baby by this donor as well and want to connect, contact us at 2016babyboyb@gmail.com
  • Options
    After 3 failed IUI Attempts, me and my wife moved onto IVF and it was successful on the first attempt. We have a baby boy on the way for May!

If you have a baby from this donor and would like to keep in touch, please email me at bosborne87@gmail.com.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Options

Anyone else had a baby using donor 14278 and would like to connect? :)

• Options

Hello! I just found these threads, and I'm so excited! I had a son 12/16/2016 with donor 14278. I would love to connect! My name is Lynn, and my email is lynpek@aol.com