Options

Really need some advice please

I need some advice from my fellow mommies-to-be. I had my first IUI a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately it was unsuccessful. So I am preparing for my second IUI and I am wondering if I should choose another donor. I have very limited funds and I only have enough for a couple of more tries. The donor I chose was a newer donor with no reported pregnancies. The count was 15 million with 34% mobility which I am told are average numbers. I know we are not supposed to put a lot of weight into whether or not a donor has a reported pregnancy but I can't help it. So I asking what you guys think about if I should change to another donor that does have reported pregnancies or am I just being silly and paranoid and should stick to my original donor. I want to be a Mom so badly and I have limited resources so maybe I am just driving myself crazy with over-thinking. Thank you so much for your input, I greatly appreciate it.

Patti

Comments

• Options
    Hi Patti, I am not sure how much help I can be since I'm fairly new to this whole process and have not yet had my first IUI. Although I'm going to be doing ICI because of my limited funds. I'm don't think it matters whether they have reported pregnancies or not, but for me in my case, I have always looked at donors with reported pregnancies. Just because it makes me feel more secure knowing that other ladies have gotten pregnant by them so its possible for me to get pregnant as well. Its just more of that security you feel you know? I hope I could help you! Good Luck and lots of Baby Dust to you!
  • Options
    Hi Patti,

My RE, whose opinion I greatly respect, recommended that I only use donors with reported pregnancies. Having used one that I really liked, but that didn't produce any pregnancies, several times to no avail, I decided to switch to a new donor w/reported pregnancies. I don't know the results yet, but I figure I'll do whatever I can to up my chances.

Hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

--CSS
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your advice. It helps to hear what other women are thinking and get different perspectives. It was exactly what I was needing. Thank you again and baby dust to you both!