Options

Long Profile

Hi,I recently ordered information on a couple of donors that I am interested in but I've noticed that there have been some changes in the Long Profile Forms compared to the ones I have got 8 months ago. It seems that pages 11-12 w/c contains very important info on personal health history such as sexually transmitted diseases, alcohol consumption, and drug use have been omitted and were intentionally left blank. These information are vital in the donor selection. I would like to know if there are ways to obtain such information.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Rayne -

We are currently in the process of reformatting all our donor information. Our first steps were creating the new Medical Histories (providing a free look at the donor's family medical background) and updating the Extended Profile to match our soon-to-be-released new version. While all relevant information is still collected and used in the donor qualification process, we have made some changes in what information we share based on protecting donor privacy.

To answer your specific question, donor applicants carrying any of the STDs we test for, or demonstrating drug/alcohol use our Medical Directors deem a risk to their sperm quality or the potential health of any offspring are disqualified from the program.

For more information about paternal exposures and pregnancy, see http://www.otispregnancy.org/files/paternal.pdf. Our genetic counselors are also available to answer your questions from 9:00AM through 5:00PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday at (877) 743 – 6384.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB