Options

Clomid

Started clomid last night, anything negative to share??

Comments

• Options
    My body did not respond to it and had negative effects, but I felt nothing. I ended up with cysts in my ovary but was able to have them removed and not miss a month of trying.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I didn't have any problems with it. I did one round, and I got pregnant the first try.

The only side effects I had was some hot flashes for a few days. Then was fine.
  • Options
    thanks ladies! Jamie-really hoping that does not happen to me, I have read of those adverse reactions, glad you had a good outcome though! Yay Melissa, that is what I am hoping for, BFP with try #1!!!! Thats on the 21st! So excited!
  • Options
    Good luck...a week to go! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    Hi again Tomigirl,

I had one cycle of Clomid and overstimulated. I wasn't doing monitoring at the time and never got a positive on my Ovulation Kit. Thanks goodneess! I would have been having 8 babies. I had an Estradiol level of 2400 and it should have been 300 at most. My doctor said that was a level they want for IVF and I just took 50mg of Clomid. Even with those crazy hormone levels I didn't have any side effects as far as not feeling good or moody. I did have cysts that I lost 2 months because of. However I believe that was VERY unusual. If you are having monitoring done, you should be fine. Are you using donor 13041?
  • Options
    Have used Clomid only once so far, but no side effects.
  • Options
    I used Clomid after 4 unsuccessful natural cycles, and got pregnant on my 2nd medicated cycle. I had two mature follicles that cycle, dropped both eggs, and ended up with a successful singleton pregnancy. Sadie is about 11 weeks old now. ;-)
  • Options
    Hi Becky! I am being monitored and I am using 13041. I finished my 5th and last dose yesterday. I was VERY emotional....teary for the last 4 days, but otherwise ok. I even started balling in a heated meeting with my boss, needless to say I felt I had to tell him what was going on. I got the whole "God is not involved in this, its science" crap. But, LOL, I know I will get that from people. Haha, sorry to go on a tangent there.....
    Hoping for a successful IUI on Monday and a BFP on Feb 2! Good luck ladies!!!
  • Options
    Don't worry about what other's think! You know this is right for you and your family and that is all that matters. God still knows his "master plan" and just because you're not doing it the conventional way doesn't mean it's not all in his plan. I'm so excited to hear how your first u/s goes this weekend!
  • Options
    Thanks Becky! Yes, thankfully I have a sister that did this almost 7 years ago, I have been planning it for it feels like 7 years myself, I had my cutoff of 35. Well I turn 36 in September, so it was time! I dont take what he said to heart, people can have their opinions, they are entitiled to that. But it doesnt affect me, becuase not being a Mom is not an option. I have an amazing support system and family and I know God has everything to do with EVERY baby that is conceived. :) My US is bright and early Saturday morning, will try to get on and post as soon as I can :)