Options

Do you think we get "signs" that we are supposed to be Mommies?

Ok...I don't believe I'm crazy and coincidences are not that specific so, check this out and give me your thoughts or similar experiences.

I have been yearning to have a baby for years and my partner and I have had chosen names for years. She would really like a girl named Abby (Abigail) and I like Maddie (Madison). I have been having very vivid dreams of a baby girl in detail. Like seeing me run my index finger down her little belly to her belly button and seeing her smile at me with nothing but gums and one dimple (which I have...the dimple that is). So, we go camping with friends a couple of weekends ago and there this couple with two (girl) Basset hounds. I lean down to pet them and ask what their names are and guess what...they are named Abby and Maddy! How freaky is that! Then my sister tells me about a friend who lost her baby in utero the day she began dilating and they had already chosen the name Madison. Again, there's my baby's name. Then in the airport this woman is calling her little girl and guess what her name was...Madison.
Is it me or do you ladies believe we are given "signs/preminitions?"

Comments

• Options
    Hi wlsbt- I am with you on this one, as strange as it may seem to some...lol.

I believe that God, (which is a God of my own understanding, not one of any specific religion)has put the desire in my heart to have a child one day, in His time.
    So I do believe it will happen, some day.

Since there is quite a bit of footwork that needs to be done in order for this to happen, (i.e. taking vitamins, being healthier in general, choosing donors, doctor's visits, etc...the list goes on.) I beleive that I "knew" (intuition, I guess) when it was time to start trying...to have my dream of being a mommy realized.

So my wife and I have begun the process, and along the way we get little signs, like a baby outfit ending up in a bag of old clothes from a friend, dreams of babies; very vivid ones with names and everything!

Things like these keep happening...so I feel like it reminds me I am on the right path.

I ABSOLUTELY believe that everything happens in this world for a reason. (sorry about the long post...I am very enthusiastic...LOL)
  • Options
    jesselynn,
    I'm with you on that! I too have faith I've been guided to the right path and am on it.

Blessings to you and yours,

Wendy