Options

Another 11227 BFP

Hi.I got pregnant on my 2nd cycle using 11227. He already has over 5 reported pregnancies.

I am 37, used Clomid 50 mg cd3-7.

Here is something to watch for. I usually have my lh surge on cd 13. But...this time, I had an lh surge on cd 11 and I panicked. I went ahead and ordered sperm to arrive at my doctor the next morning. The next morning I phoned my doctor to let him know and he was concerned and said 'it is too early'. I told him 'I know, but the stick showed an lh surge'. He said, 'Come on it and I will do an ultrasound'. There were two 25 mm follicles. He agreed we should do the IUI now, then the second one the next day.

THEN, the two days after my first lh surge, I got another lh surge!! I hurried and ordered another vial! I feared that the eggs wouldn't release until this next one. He did an ultrasound before this 3rd IUI, and said that one egg had released already.

Anyhow, at this point, I don't know which IUI got me pregnant, but he should be able to tell on Friday, he said. He did a transabdominal ultrasound on 5wk 6 days, but saw nothing but a sac. He said he thinks he was seeing a flash of a heartbeat occasionally, and is almost positive he was seeing a yolk sack, but things were so small on his old fashioned equipment, he said come back on 6wk and 6 days and hopefully see what we need to.

I am afraid and excited all at the same time. I am grateful that it didn't take me but 2 cycles (1 at the beginning of March and one at the end of March!).

This is such a difficult journey for those who want children so badly. I just hope and pray things will be okay these next 7 1/2 months. My baby is due the week of Christmas.

I wish you ALL the best of luck. This is a very emotionally taxing endeavor.

Mary

Comments

• Options
    Congrats, back to back IUIs work. Great News!
  • Options
    I'm so happy for you! What and exciting time and an extra special Christmas present coming up for you! Congratulations!
  • Options
    YEAH! What wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Please KUP on your next U/S...I'm curious as to which IUI got you the BFP! :)
  • Options
    Hi. Unfortunately, at my 6 week 6 day U/S, the dr. still couldn't see anything beyond the gestational sac. I had my hcg levels taken Friday and Sunday. They went from 17,700 to 19,000. Of course they should have gone up to at least 30,000. He said that my body hasn't completely recognized what is happening, and that is why the hcg is increasing a tiny bit. I am going to a new medical office Wednesday (7 weeks 4 days) to get an U/S with a new machine to be sure. If it is as he suspects, then I will have a D & C on Friday morning.

I am very disappointed, of course. But I am working to keep it all in perspective by realizing that half of all women have a miscarriage or two, and most go on to have healthy children. I am grateful I am able to get pregnant, and grateful I have more vials to keep trying for awhile.

Best of luck to those of you trying. It sure is an emotionally and physically taxing endeavor! I am very grateful my doctor is so sensitive and helpful.

Mary
  • Options
    mimibeth,

Just know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this emotion time.

Please KUP.
  • Options
    mimibeth-
    you're in my prayers and hopes for a eventual success.
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you!
  • Options
    For those who haven't read her other thread, check it out...her baby's heart beat is there! (Misdiagnosis Message)

Thank God that she didn't have the D&C!