Options

First attempt at home ICI a little disaster

So I decided to have my clinic do an IUI the day after my surge, and then I planned on doing and ICI at home 12 hours later. I've had 3 unmedicated IUI's at my clinic so far that have all been unsuccessful. My clinic will not do two days in a row, for the life of me I don't know why since after all I'm paying for it.
Anyways, I opened the Cryobank container this evening expecting there to be a syringe or something to use since I mentioned it was for home Insemination but nope.

All I happened to have was a brand new 5 cc medication syringe that I opened, unfortunately the shipment vials are so tiny that you can fit a syringe tip into them and I had no pipete ect at home. As a last resort I decided to open the back of the syringe and pour the sperm into it, then tip it up after replacing the syringe backing to let the air out. Bad idea, 2/3 rd's of the sperm poured out the tiny hole at the tip of the syringe onto my bedroom floor as I was pouring it in.

Nearly a 1,000 extra dollars on the floor ugh...
Lesson learned for the next time I attempt it. Also tried preseed prior to try to help as well, they say all it takes is one sperm, I'll be lucky if I had one left in the syringe. What a gruesome process this baby making can be at times! Hoping for a little miracle after the mess I just made :-)

If you attempt it at home, be fully prepared because the container comes only with a paper that states how to thaw !

Baby dust to all on this journey!

Comments