Options

Dating and TTC

Ladies,

I know may seem a little odd, but I have been single for 6 years after ending the relationship to the man I was to marry.

It took me a while to "get over" it and decide to consider using a donor to get pg. I am 40yrs, old and am on my 5th iui since starting at the beginning of the year.

As some, I didn't think it would take this long. Well, now that I am TTC, a friendship/dating type of relationship has spawned between me and a friend of a mutual male friend. My male friend knows about my donor situation...BUT

the man that is interested in me and vs/vs doesn't know. I'm not even sure about how or where to go with this. I've come too far and I don't have a lot of time. I'm trying to avoid him but it's hard to and I keep canceling events with him. my sister and I talked about this... and because I like him so much and am considering dating him that just my luck I'll end up preggers this time ! Then I'll really have some explaining to do.

Sigh

Comments

• Options
    I've decided to give dating and TTC a try as well. Though I'm using eharmony and in my profile I specifically called out the fact that I am TTC. I don't want to end up with someone who doesn't want kids and I'm definitely tired of waiting to build my family, so I don't want to waste any time with anyone who doesn't have the same family goals as me. I also figure if they can accept me and my baby, then they get bonus points and the relationship is worth giving it a try.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. You are up front and honest, I think that is what is most importantand I have many friends that have children and the men they married either have one or none and help raise their child(ren).

For me at this point, since the guy and I aren't serious I decided that I'm just going to enjoy myself dating and going out with him from time to time and continue on my journey to motherhood.

He has 2 kids from a previous marriage. I'm pretty sure my male friend will not tell him my plans, but will leave it up to me.