Options

Finally Pregnant! 11438

Hi Ladies:

Just wanted to share my news. After 6 IUI's and 1 IVF cycle, I am finally pregnant! I'll be 41 next month and it's been a long and frustrating journey, lots of heartache. Lots of regret for not trying sooner. Just kept waiting for the right man to come along and at 40 when that wasn't happening, I decided to do it alone.

So for any of you who are struggling, please don't give up hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It worth the struggle. For me IVF was the way to go and I wish I could have done that from the beginning but my insurance wouldn't pay until after I had 6 IUI's.

Thanks for reading... good luck to all of you.

Vickie

Comments

• Options
    VVjmom Thats Great!!!! we used that donor our first time and was'nt sucessful. Congrats! we are going for the second time IUI this time with donor 11216, being that 11438 had no more vials left. blow some of that baby dust this way!!!
  • Options
    CONGRATS VVJMOM!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm using this same donor and should go in for my first IUI at the end of this month!!!! How were his counts and motility rate? I'm so excited!!! Keep us posted and I'll do the same!
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

I will also be using 11438. Congrats Vickie! You have to keep us posted. I would love to keep in touch with you all. I am single doing this, and id love for my child to know a half sibling.
    If this is something you might be interested in, please let me know.

SSPJ01- Good luck with your IUI!!!!
  • Options
    Jamwilson12 I would love to keep in touch!!! I think it would be great to know of other siblings with the same donor!!! Have you already started trying? Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? My name is Sarah so keep in touch, email me if you'd like, sschmidtlein@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon!
  • Options
    Hi all:

Thanks for the responses.

keylime - I'm sorry about your failed IVF. I sent you an email.

SSJP01 - i only used 11438 for my last IUI then IVF. His counts were really good. 16 and 19 million after wash. My clinic has to wash. Not sure what the mobility was.

Jamwilson 12 - would definitely like to keep in touch. To be honest not sure yet how I feel about 1/2 siblings but I'm not opposed to it. I'm hoping that after this one, i can have another. I have extra vials in storage but lets let what happens with this one.

I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    oh forgot to add. I go for ultrasound this Monday. I will find out how many embryos implanted. We transfered 5 because of my age and egg quality but I'm hoping for no more than 2 single I am doing this alone but I'll be happy with whatever I get :)
  • Options
    ssjp01- I live in Atlanta Ga. I am waiting until June to start the process. I needed to get a few things taken care of before I start this new venture. I had an HSG about 2 weeks ago, so I have a follow-up with my RE next week. The clinic I go to wants me to go to counseling with a doctor that is in their practice. I dont know if thats a good or bad thing. lol. They said that it is standard anytime you use donor sperm. So I start the counseling process next week as well.
    When do you have your IUI? Are you nervous?
    Where are you located?

VVNJMOM- I am so excited for you! So you have to keep us posted throughout your journey. I know that the half sibling scenario is a bit different. But I figure that if I had to ask my child, they would like to know at least one other sibling with the same dad if it was possible. I also thought about if they needed to know a sibling genetically for medical purposes other than me. You just never know.
    Did you have fertility issues, to go through IVF route?
    Where are you located?

All,
    We are a rare breed of ladies, most people think that I should not be doing this, in this manner or solo for that fact.
    But I cant live my life for others and I couldnt be happier with my decision. My email address is jamwilson12@aol.com- keep me posted on your progress!
  • Options
    Keylime- dont give up! Stay positive.
    Was that your first IVF?
    Keep me updated on your progress- or email me when you just need to vent out your fustration!

jamwilson12@aol.com
  • Options
    If all goes as planned it should be around the 28th of this month. Yes I'm nervous but excited at the same time. We are in Topeka, KS. I haven't heard of the couseling thing before but I guess all RE do it differently. I'm waiting on my blood test results for checking my FSH levels, I should hopefully find out today if I have to start taking anything before my IUI. Well I will let you know how it all goes. Good luck and I'm sure we will talk soon.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies:

Yes, I had to see a therapist too. The clinic I am using has the same rule, if you use donor sperm and/or are doing this alone, you must get a release from a therapist. I didn't mind, she was really nice and also showed me some cute books she had about telling the child he/she was a donor baby. I bought a few since I plan to be honest from the beginning.

Jamwilson12 - you asked why I went to IVF? After 6 IUI's and because of my age, 41 next month, my docs thought my chances were better with IVF. I probably would have gone straight to IVF but my insurance wouldn't cover it unless I tried 6 times on my own or did 6 IUI's. All my IUI's were medicated too.
  • Options
    Hi VVNJMOM

Can I ask what Insurance you have that covered the IVF that is awesome my insurance doesnt cover anything....make's it very expensive.

Thank You
  • Options
    Nydiana: I have NJ Aetna. Their only condition was that I try six times on my own or six iui's before they paid for ivf. I was very fortunate. They were and continue to cover a lot. I am due next month but have been having some complications and they have been covering every doctors visit and hospital stay. I've been hospitalized twice already. Seems like my little guy wants out early! I'm very happy with them so far. They covererd everything but the sperm.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Baby Dean arrived Nov 18th, 4 weeks earlier than expected. He weighed 14lbs 15 oz, 17 in. He was in the nic unit for 6 days for low glucose but he's fine now and was home in time for thanksgiving. He's a good baby so far and I'm so happy I made the decision to have him on my own. The best decision I ever made! I did have some complications but it was all worth it.
  • Options
    Opps I meant 4lbs.
  • Options
    Congrats on baby Dean!