Options

IVF didn't work

Looking for anyone who has been through IVF and had a negative result. What did you do next? Just found out today, so I'm taking the day to mourn, but wanted to hear from others as to your next steps.

Thanks,
Susan

Comments

• Options
    I'm so sorry this didn't work for you. I've had 2 IVF cycles and neither worked. The first was with my husband and we got no embryos and a cancelled cycle. The 2nd we got 1 embryo with donor and got a negative. I did waht you are doing. I mourned, cried, held myself captive in the house until I felt better. I was like a walking zombie after the 1st time. It took about a month to get past it and move to the next cycle. The 2nd time wasn't as hard, but still hurt. We just found out my eggs aren't so good either so I'm on meds for 3 months then another IVF. We did 1/2 with DH sperm and 1/2 with donor, but because I was only producing 2 eggs, didn't have a good chance. Hoping these meds will help me get more eggs so I can get more fertilization. Did you have any to freeze? FET's are easier than fresh cycles.
  • Options
    It's so frustrating to go through the IVF process and ending up with nothing. I didn't have any to freeze. I produced 10 great eggs. 8 were fertilized and 3 implanted. The numbers looked great. They gave me a picture of them. That made it more real. I was so sure it was going to happen. I feel this complete loss. I am going back this Fri to begin the process for and IUI. I don't know if I can go through the shots/meds again for IVF right now. My stomach was sooo swollen from everything. It really must have taken a lot for you to go through the process twice and now again. What an emotional rollercoaster this is. Thanks for commenting. I wish yo uall the best. Please stay in touch and up to date with how you're process is going.

Susan