Options

What are people's thoughts on taking at home pregnancy tests before your supposed to?!

My partner and I have 4 more days until we do the blood test to find out if we were successful in our first IUI. I did take the trigger shot and I know you can get false positives and false negatives ect.. I was just curious other woman's thoughts and or experiences in either waiting it out or taking at home tests early?

Comments

• Options
    Don't do it! It's only 4 more days and if you get a false negative you are going through that heartache for nothing. I had two IUI's and waited both times for the blood work at the doctors office. First time it was negative and second time positive :) currently 27 weeks pregnant with a baby boy! Wishing you lots of baby dust!

Jenn
  • Options
    Yea, I'd have to agree. I told myself I wouldn't test at home, but then I did (couldn't help it). When I went into the Dr's office the tech doing my blood work was quick to tell me that you really can't trust the tests at home at all. I had an hCG trigger and those can stay in your system for up to 16 days depending on your body and the dose. I tested positive at home and then positive at the Dr's but if I had been negative at the Dr's it would have caused me a lot more heartache than I realized. If I had it to do over again, I think I would wait. Good luck to you either way, though - sometimes it's just really too hard to wait!
  • Options
    Thank you both for your stories! I'm just now seeing these.. Lol and I actually already took 2 tests.. Both so far have been positive, which makes me super happy and excited, but I'm also prepared just incase the trigger shot is still in my system. 2 more days until we test at the doctor. Thank you both again so much! Congrats to you both and your pregnancies!!