Options

AGE?

After reading several forums and seeing what everybody is going thru with being on Clomid and having other fertilliy I was wondering everybodies age. My partner is 26 and as we know she has no fertiliy problems yet but just was concerened and wanted to hear others stories. Keep staying positive. It will happen when its meant to be happen.

Comments

• Options
    I am 30, we just did our 3rd IUI. I have not been diagnosed with any fertility issues so far. The first 2 IUIs were unmedicated since my cycle was sooo regular. But as soon as we started TTC everything went out of whack! Figures, huh? So this last cycle the doc had me take 50mg of Clomid days 5-9 of my cycle, we did the trigger shot CD15 and the IUI on CD16. We will see what happens, I am currently 7dpIUI. :)

Good luck with everything! I hope that helped some. :)
  • Options
    I'm 39 and it seems like there are a fair number of over-35 ladies on the board. But it's a mixed bag.

I too am doing the Clomid/trigger shot routine, although I don't have any fertility issues. But my cycle also went out of whack as soon as I got started with this process (happens to a lot of women) and at my age, I didn't want to wait around for things to get back to normal. I'll have my first IUI next week.

At 26, your partner is (biologically speaking) just the right age, so barring any problems, you two should be fine. But of course, it's different for everyone. Just maintain that positive attitude!

--CSS
  • Options
    I turned 36 in June and I'm 32 weeks pregnant...we got a BFP on our first IUI and it was unmedicated.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I am 30. Every individual is different, but statistically if you are under 27 you shouldn't have any fertility problems that you weren't born with, which means there is about an 85% chance that 1-6 unmedicated IUIs will do the trick. However, a lot of people still like to use a trigger shot because the short lifespan of frozen sperm makes timing crittical. Having said that, I conceived on the first try at 29 with a completely unmedicated IUI times with an OPK.

Even women in their peek years of fertility (17 to 27) have a 15% chance of having some kind of fertility challenges, but if you have been trying less than one year and have no know problems, there is no reason to believe that any medical intervention beyond a trigger shot is needed. If you are already ovulating pretty regularly, Clomid isn't likely to change anything and anything byond Clomid could lead to your own reality TV show.
  • Options
    OMG!!!!!! i'm 36 years old... i'm so happy to read this.. because my cycle went OUT OF WACK as soon as I started this process too!!!!!!!!! I had a weird period this month and it was like 4 days late.. i found that to be so ironic when this is the month we are tracking my period and doing the blood work to try to figure out when i ovulate. I asked the DR to treat me as being fertile and to just do things naturally, but maybe i'm going to have to have a shot of that stuff too... i plan to start my IUI process in october