Options

Tank life Question? PLEASE HELP!

My partner and I ordered 2 vials(ICI AT HOME) that were shipped on Thursday, Jan 16th. They were overnighted and we received them on Friday, Jan 17th. However, I have not gotten a +OPK yet so we have not inseminated. I was told the tank is only good for 7 days...starting with day 1 as the day CCB ships out (Thurs, the 16th).

Just so I'm understand completely..... The tank life will end on Wed, the 22nd? And the sperm will no longer be any good at this point if not used immediately, right?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sarah -

Our tanks are validated for 7 days. If your specimen was shipped out on Thursday (1/16), we suggest that you use the specimen by the following Thursday (1/23).

The liquid nitrogen vapor inside the tank is what keeps the specimen frozen. It's possible that the liquid nitrogen vapor may last longer than a week, but it's not something that we can guarantee. As per our handling instructions, we recommend that you use the vials within 2 hours of thawing.

If you think that you won't be able to inseminate until Friday or later, you may want to contact Client Services today to discuss alternative options.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB