Options

my story...

My name is Amanda I'm 29 and my partner is 35 and this is our first iui.Let me tell you, like you don't already know that it's been a hellacious two week wait...I started with the ovadril shot then went in for the iui, then five days later he called for another shot because my count was est178 to p18. and then told us to wait 9days from that shot, as well as taking 200 prometrium daily...well i'm crazy impatient and tested everyday that week which was the stupidest thing I could have donei tested last night twice and i got two BFN's.the wait is up today and i'm spotting and almost positive that it didn't take. Up until now I was POSITIVE that it took because all the signs were there...and now we are waiting for the call. I went in for bloodwork at 630 this morning and was told that he would be making phone calls in between surgeries....so here i sit going crazy...hoping and praying...trying to believe that we can be one of those couples who are blessed on the first try. My wife keeps being like and if it doesn't take this time then we swing again...comparing it to baseball...and I want to beat her with that bat she keeps talking about. Anyways just needed to do something to pass the time and thank you all for the posts and encouragement...it is truely a blessing to have people who can empathize and be there understanding every step of the way...best wishes and lots of baby dust to those of you who are waiting...

Comments

• Options
    update....
    we try again next month apparently...best wishes and baby dust to those of you who havent completed your tww...
  • Options
    it can be an absolutely maddening process. i'm a week away from my first iui - we're doing this first cycle completely naturally - and i'm working to stay calm and busy. i can only imagine what that 2ww will be like.

it sounds like you have a supportive partner and a community of women here who are right there in it with you. hang in there and keep us updated.

e
  • Options
    I hear ya...we just started with the ovulation monitor to prepare for our IUI goal of Sept. but now my periods have gone..crazy no idea why. This whole process can be so frustrating...good luck to you all...keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    baby dust to all......thinking about ya!
  • Options
    supalo13 -- i'm in the same boat. i've just weened myself off of birth control, and now i'm monitoring my cycles and ovulation. nothing wants to stick to a schedule, it seems. we're planning on our first IUI in october.

you're definitely not the only one out there in that boat right now. :) good luck to y'all!
  • Options
    Just relax and take your time. Travel in between, and don't forget each other in the process. We got pregnant our first try back in Nov. The baby decided she had had enough and we had a premature delivery in April. She was too premature and died later that day.

Now, we are just taking it sjlowly and passing the time. It is actually nice to be out of the whirlwind for awhile.

Enjoy the journey, because it can all be gone in an instant.

Good luck, and relax!

s
  • Options
    OK so we are on to round two, I took chlomid this time around, i've got five mature follicles and we go in to inseminate tomorrow, here's hoping.
    stacy008 I am so sorry for your loss but am glad that you are taking it slowly this time around...thank you for the words of encouragement.
    fingers crossed for friday!!
  • Options
    Weeeeeeelllll.....grace??
  • Options
    weeeeellllll,
    we go in for bloodwork on thursday just to check and see where my levels are at...and then we dont find out thill the 14th....time has never dragged on soooo slllloooowwwlllyyyyyyy....this has to be the worst wait ever.
  • Options
    Hi there! I was just wondering why, if you're only 29 you are doing IUI and all those shots and fertility stuff? We inseminated at home when my partner was 31 and it worked the second time we had a son.. we inseminated at home when I was 26 and we conceived my daughter on the first try. Now I am 33 and because of a very irregular cycle pattern, and after using Fertility monitor, Temping and OPKS-- still 2 unsuccessful months of TTC and age getting up there, we are barely thinking of consulting someone about IUI or fertility help. I think you are young and should try home insemination unless you left out some pertinant infertility info! lol.. Some of those drugs can cause cysts and other problems to otherwise healthy reproductive systems.
    Anyway, GL and babydust to you! +Dont stress it makes ovulation take longer! HA