Options

reporting a miscarriage

Unfortunately I recently had to report a miscarriage to the cryobank. While we are sill grieving, we do plan on eventually trying again. I am so confused about whether or not to stay with the same donor. I was wondering if I would be able to find out if there were other reported miscarriages and or reported disabilities- just as we can find out about reported pregnancies/births. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Hi J -

I'm so sorry to hear the news. Please feel free to contact our Genetics Department at 877-743-6384 for answers to your questions. Our genetic counselors will gladly assist you.

Unfortunately, miscarriages are more common than people sometimes realize. It's estimated that 20% of all pregnancies end in a miscarriage. They usually occur just by chance in the developing pregnancy and are not inherited from either parent.

Please note that each woman has a different experience with pregnancy and there are many factors specific to the woman and to the pregnancy that are not the same as any other woman who uses specimen of the same donor.

Please don't hesitate to contact our Genetics staff because they will be able to provide you with more specific details.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB