Options

How I picked my donor

Hi folks -

I struggled about how to make my decision, and found myself creating a chart that enabled me to quickly compare donors. In my line of work, we'd call this a "due diligence" chart; essentially, you create a column for each data point of interest.

My own columns are likely unique to what drives my donor decision, and you might try building a chart with other columns that fit closer to what *you* are looking for.

Here were my columns:

DonorID
NICK (my own nickname for donor)
OPEN? (Y/N)
RH

Height

Weight

H-W app? (I'd look up the donor's H-W,and note findings here)

BABY H (avg) - here, I used the calculator found here: http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com/childheight.php,and would indicate the height for a girl and height for a boy given the donor's height and my own.

Hair

Eyes

BABY Eyes(approx) - here,I used the calculator available here: http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html. Now,once you have the long-form information, you get better accuracy. I plugged in %probabilities for each eye color, based on our genetics

Sports?
Arts/Other?
- In the end, I went for someone well-rounded. Intellect is king with me, but a happy, healthy childhood with talents to be nurtured struckmeas the way to go.

HS GPA
C GPA
OTHER - here,I'd typically enter standardized test scores,or graduate gpas,academic honors,etc.

MAJOR/Field - this was/is important to me

DONOR health - here, I took note of not only the donor's health page, but his responses as to eyeglasses as well as how many drinks he took per week AND drug use,noting whether the drug use was during donation.

(I continue to be disgusted at this bank selling one particular donor who not only had a family history of substance abuse, but was actively using marijuana and hallucinogenics during donation AND drinking 10x per week; irresponsible as heck to allow obvious problems like those propogate via customers. There's a thread on the message boards about this guy, involving my take after consulting someone involved in working with substance abusers as to how poor a choice this guy is;search for shrooms or marijuana)

FAMILY - here, I noted age of death,and age (if living) of grandparents. I then made 1 line for each family member, noting any "Y" answers for health problems.

STAFF - In less than 10 words, I summarized staff comments w/the intake forms.

ESSAY - I'm a snob; I noted misspellings. I also summarized the *feel* from the essay. For example, donor 2484's little "quiz" at the end... totally obvious, not exactly a genius sort of quiz, and earning him the summary "pompous ass" (I wanted a donor with *some* heart, who had *something* kind to express to customers)

CELEB - here, I pasted in a small picture for each celeb look-alike.

Then,I printed 'em all out on 11x14" paper and... well folks, truth is that only ONE stood out. Even just using the short info sheets, I was able to narrow down to 10 very quickly. Of those 10, I made myself purchase long info for about 3-4. The long info confirmed my leader - he was by far the healthiest, best intelligence proxies (gpa,test scores, articulate on interview, etc.), and... well... gosh golly, I would actually consider having sex with his celeb lookalikes (my #2,unfortunately, looked like Peter Frampton :-(().

Good luck! I hope the spreadsheet notion helps some of you!

Comments

• Options
    Wow...that's a lot of info...thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Dear Ms.brunella:
    Thank you for sharing, base on you information, I guess that you are very knowledgeable. Can you share the Donor number or your final choice, the one that is healthiest, best intellience, and you would consider having sex with him. He may be what I am looking for. By the way, I am considering doing the insemination at home. Does anyone know how to do it? please give me the instructions.

My e-mail: tomandtony@peoplepc.com

Thank you very much
  • Options
    Dear Ms.brunella:

Thank you for sharing, base on your information, I guess that you are very knowledgeable. Can you share the Donor number of your final choice? The one that is healthiest, best intellience, and you would consider having sex with him. He may be what I am looking for. By the way, I am considering doing the insemination at home. Does anyone know how to do it? please give me the instructions.

My e-mail: tomandtony@peoplepc.com

Thank you very much
  • Options
    Hi Brunella,

I really like your thorough process. I'm really struggling with the decision to go with an anonymous donor. I have a friend who has agreed to become a donor. But, I am not keen on waiting 9mos for his sperm to be quarantined and for his test results to return. I'm very anxious to become pregnant immediately.

I'm extremely particular and fear that my donor will be unattractive. This is like the show "Dating in the Dark" but much more scary. Can I ask if you went through similar struggles.

I'd also like to know which donor you ended up with. My email address is babyinfo29@gmail.com.

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi Brunella,

Can you let me and Gloria29 know which donor you ended up with. I really like to know because you described him as by far the healthiest, best intelligence proxies (gpa,test scores, articulate on interview, etc.)... In the return, I will share you some interesting stories about some donors that nobody in this bulletin board knows but me. Please e-mail me at tomandtony@peoplepc.com.

Thank you.

Wish you the best.

Warmest regards,

Vo Lily
  • Options
    Hi Brunella,

Can you share with me which donor you picked in the end? Please email to hgdow@hotmail.com.

Many thanks,
    Helen
  • Options
    I put in the same answers to the eye test 3 times and got three different answers. I don't think this is accurate.