Options

New to this...single female

I am going through the process of choosing a donor. I am 40 years old and single. My boyfriend and I split up recently after being together 7 years. I have always wanted a child and I see this as my only way now. Are there others like me out there? I feel so alone in this process.

Comments

• Options
    You are in no way alone!!! I am nearing 35 and understand. I have always wanted a baby and I am not leaving it up to fate anymore! I am just beginning the process of calling my doctor to tell her that it's time to begin this journey with CCB! We talked about it a couple of years ago and she said when I was ready to let her know! I can't wait to get it going and wish I would have done it sooner. I needed to heal first from my marriage and my husband leaving! That was a while ago and I've done that and am ready to move on! I hope you are feeling better and I wish us both luck on our journey. The harded part is the waiting!
  • Options
    I am a single mother by choice(SMC). My daughter is 10 months old and I am now trying to have a second child. You are definitely not alone. Join the SMC-ttc and SMC-thinking yahoo group. There are hundreds of women there in your situation, including me. It is a very active forum with excellent advice, doctor recs and support from other SMC's in your area. This CCB board is also very good.