Options

When others are pregnant

hi everyone-
this weekend i just found out my younger sister is pregnant with her second baby and am so sad- that's horrible to feel that way. i guess it just hits home. i'm about ready to begin ovulation testing this week for my last IUI attempt (two BFNs). how do you handle/get over family/friends who are pregnant when going through this process? it's really hard for me and i am starting to feel depressed. this is my last try b/c of $.

Comments

• Options
    It's very difficult to share in someone's good news when you're trying sooooo hard to get the same thing. My older sister just got divorced less than a year ago and has already met an amazing boyfriend. I've been single and dating and will be 38 in a couple of months. She's so in love and I can't even make it to date 2 with most of my dates. There's no right way to handle it. Just as you should be happy for her, she needs to be empathetic to you too. If you have a good relationship with her, talk to her honestly about it. That it's not that you're happy for her, but if she can just be sensitive to your needs too. I wish you the best during this very sensitive time. I feel for you!!
  • Options
    I really understand the feeling. I'm in my TWW for my 6th IUI, and one of my sisters, my sister-in-law, and two of my cousins have all announced their pregnancies in the last month and a half. It has been so hard on me and I've had a terrible last few weeks. I have all of these complicated feelings, because it really has nothing to do with my being happy for them - I am happy for them. It's just so painful. And I know it is so easy to get depressed and feel down because of it. I think nbound is right, if you can have a conversation about it, maybe that would be a good idea. Sometimes it just hurts so much that we want the world to stop until everything works out. I'm really sorry and I understand. You're not alone!
  • Options
    kinda funny - because I feel sad when I see others that find out they're pregnant when they weren't even trying or planning for a baby. I've felt bad for feeling this way - but it's nice to know I'm not alone with this feeling.
  • Options
    hey girls. Right there with you. About to do my second IUI next week with donor 13605. My sister in law is about to have her second child- unplanned, no job or boyfriend support and to top it off has a serious heart condition which doctors told her it was a miracle her heart survived her FIRST pregnancy a year ago! She is about to have her second baby ( early due to her heart). But, you know its easy to be bitter. Trying to invest into others lives instead of feeling sorry that my husband has no sperm and we are having to do fertility after 2 years of trying naturally. Keeping you ladies in mind and we will get through this!!