Options

Going to the doctor, what questions do I ask?

I am going to the doctor on Monday. What are some important questions I need to ask or that you asked your doctors?

I have an irregular period and tend to skip months, so have an idea that I will need to use medication to help me get pregnant. Any questions, I should be asking about medication?

I have do not know what CMV status means. Can anyone help me?

I am so glad that this board is here. I have found hope and comfort from reading. I wish all of you lots of luck and baby dust.

Comments

• Options
    If you go to a great fertility doctor they are usually one step ahead of you with questions. Because I never knew what to even ask, they did all of the leg work for me. They design a protocol especially for you to meet your needs. I had most of my questions after the first visit because they throw a lot at you at once. New terms, different test, time frames that you must follow...

CMV was very important in choosing a donor. You doctor will test you for it. I'm not a doctor so my description might be a bit off but here goes.

It's a form of a herpes, like a chicken pox. It's not the kind that's transmitted sexually. If you test negative for it then you should choose a donor that is CMV negative. If he tests positive for it and you've never been exposed to it then it can cause birth defects for your unborn child.

The above was my situation so I was able to base my search around that too.

Good luck with your appointment. Keep us posted.