Options

2nd Blood Test = Beta is 97

Hey everyone,

We went in for our second blood test. The numbers rose, from 51 to a 97, so 5 points under a full double. I will go in on Monday for one more blood test to make sure the numbers are around 388 (at that point). Every two days, the number should double, approximately. My doctor's office automatically retests as a technicality if it is even one point lower than the doubled total. So of course I was like "Is this normal??!!" And the nurse said, "YES, DON'T WORRY!!" So I am happy about the 97, but also wish it was 102. Do any of you know any thing about this... am I being overly concerned??

Thanks,
Kathy

Comments

• Options
    Beta numbers will drive you crazy. I should know.. I get stuck on them and try to figure everything out.. I compare those online and find such differences.

Here is what our RE looks for and I have often found the same info online.

Your numbers should raise 66% every 48 hours. That being said your 66% would put you at 84 (and you had 97). They also strongly stress to test the same time every 48 hours, so you are not alarmed by low numbers.

Here are our betas:
    11 dpo = 37
    13 dpo = 90
    15 dpo = 187
    19 dpo = 1306
    25 dpo = 8,013
  • Options
    kathy,

Sounds wonderful to me!! Just take it one test at a time!!

Congrats!!
    Kimberly
  • Options
    Congrats Kathy,

You guys hang in there the numbers look good.
  • Options
    Congrats on the BFP and the good numbers! Keeping everything crossed for you guys!

Cindy
  • Options
    cjkj,

bb has been keeping me informed of your progress. when we know you will get results for one thing or another, we e-mail each other all day at school until we know something. it's hilarious. you know bb...she is persistent. ha! i always e-mail or text asking if she's heard anything even though she tells me she'll let me know when she does. it's funny. :-) we live vicariously through you. :-)

congratulations to you both! how are you feeling?

i hope you have a great weekend!

oh, and bb is right...girl, you need to make sure you are getting more sleep!! no starbucks until 1 am!!!!

ginny
  • Options
    Kathy -
    Have you started getting any crazy symptoms yet? When those hormones start getting up there, it's crazy how quick they can kick in... even at 55 HCG I was already over the top with indigestion... ha.. wishing you the best, look forward to hear about your ultrasound next week!
    shannon