Options

Donor #11397

I'm wondering if anybody out there has used the same donor as myself, 11397? I will be trying for my 2nd attempt with IUI in about 1 week or so. Curious about where the rest of his specimens went and about successes. I have purchased the last of his vials.

Jen

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jen,
    Just had my first IUI today using 11397...I'm optimistic because the counts were so high with this sample. How did yours go?? I am amazed at how many potential siblings our kiddos may have, sounds like our donor's been pretty effective so far :-)

Carri
  • Options
    Hi Jen and Carri,
    My partner and I have used donor 11397 and are desperately looking for more vials. We ordered 10 vials assuming that would be enough for us to start our family. Unfortunately my healthcare provider failed to identify a tumor in my uterus which made our first 5 months of attempts worthless.

We are now happily pregnant thanks to my partner's healthy body but are out of vials for siblings! We checked 11397's vial availability every month to make sure there were enough for once my medical condition was corrected, but suddenly he's sold out!

We are expecting our first baby in May and can't wait. Pregnancy has been very healthy thus far.

If you end up not needing all your vials, please let me know!
    Good luck!

-Paige
  • Options
    I am sure you've already done this Paige but you can call CCB and asked to be put on the call list for that donor when vials are sold back or more are released. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well and good luck getting more vials!
  • Options
    Hi Carri,

Yay, I am so happy to have finally seen a reply to my post! I love our donor!!! I am a single woman and I just failed my 2nd attempt. My RE is doing back to back IUI's and although she and all of the other docs that have done my IUI's say his counts are great, I haven't had luck yet. I am hopeful that it will work this next cycle.

How are you holding up? Did they do 1 or 2 IUI's? Can I ask how old you are? Where are you located? Anyway, I would love to chat more, obviously. Write to Jennifer7170@msn.com if you can. I look forward to hearing from you!

Jen :-)
  • Options
    Paige,

I am so excited for you and your partner! Where are you located? I am in Boston. Please keep in touch and maybe you can send a photo of your baby when he/she is born.

I was keeping my eyes on our donor and checking his vials daily but when I saw that the number dropped, I jumped and bought 12 vials immediately. Someone else bought at that same time and when I called CCB, I was told that he was completely retired and no further vials would be available.

I am not sure how many I will have to use as I have used 4 thus far but I got 3 yrs of storage and not sure what I will do with the remaining vials. I may want another child if I get pregnant with a singleton but if it's twins, I may have vials left. I'll keep you posted and we can keep in touch. Jennifer7170@msn.com

Jen
  • Options
    Carri,

How did things work out for you?? I have been thinking about you. Hope to hear from you. I'll be heading in to have my 3rd IUI in a few days! So excited.

Jen
  • Options
    Hi Jen,

Unfortunately, I don't think the first IUI was successful. I'm now 14 dpiui, and got a neg on the HPT I took this morning. It's been so stressful, and I'm taking it kind of hard because I had just assumed (arrogant me) that it would work the first time around :-) My RE put me on Progesterone around 7 dpiui, so I'm 3 days late right now, and I'm usually like clockwork. A small part of me holds out hope that I may be preg, but the logical part of me knows I'm not. Luckily I have a few more vials, I'm hoping for success on the next one!!! I'm just waiting to call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can stop taking the Progesterone, which should allow me to get my period....so I can get started on the next round.

For the IUI in December, I did a trigger shot, then 1 IUI 36 hours later. I just turned 32, and I live in Dallas, Tx. I would love to stay in touch. I'll shoot you an email when I get done posting this so you can let me know how your IUI worked out. I am hoping the 3rd time's a charm for you!!!

Carri
  • Options
    Hi Paige,

Well, our first IUI wasn't a success, and we only have 3 vials remaining...and are also hoping for a bio sibling for our (future) child. We're pretty much in the same boat as you are! If by some great miracle we have twins :-) we will be sure to let you know as all our vials are stored with CCB, and we would likely be selling them back. Two is definitely enough for us!!

Congrats on the healthy pregnancy!!! Keep us updated...my email address is CarriJenSmith@yahoo.com, if you want to keep in touch.

Great luck to everyone!!
  • Options
    This is so late to this thread, but for anyone interested, I have a wonderful six-month old baby boy from 11397 and we recently began the "reactivation" program to make more vials available for try #2. I would encourage anyone interested in more vials to call CCB and talk about the reactivation program, since the donor has agreed to go ahead with it.

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Hi,
    We have a wonderful son via donor 11397 (born in December 2010) and we are looking to try for a second child. This donor is retired, but we have been told has been reactivated. If anyone has any vials that they will not be needing we would be interested in getting in touch. You can reach me at bense22(at)yahoo.com.
    Thanks,
    Sara