Options

New beginner here anyone have success with the ICI?

Hello, I'm a new beginner at the whole process. I was considering doing the ICI for my first and hopefully only time. I am excited but nervous about starting the conceiving of a baby by myself but I do have great supportive family and friend's that will lend a helping hand. Has anyone done an ICI at home and had a success with becoming pregnant? I just started using the ovulation kit this month but haven't had an ovulation yet. Anyone have any advice or tips for the process of an ICI? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I tried ICI at home 3 times with no success. I did temp and use opks so I think my timing was ok, but these things take time. I would usually see a dip in my temp and get a positive opk, then inseminate 12-24 hours later. I did 2 ICIs per cycle.

I'm going to try again this month. I don't think there's any magic secret to it, just luck. Even healthy couples doing it the old fashioned way sometimes take a year to get pregnant so be patient! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you BeaBea for responding to my post. I was beginning to think no one ever reads the bulletin post lol. I hope yours work for you and you get pregnant this time around. Also thanks for the positive feedback as to not get discouraged if it doesn't happen for me on my first try once I'm ready to start trying. Like you said it's not magic and it will take time.
  • Options
    Hi Danielle, just checking in to see how everything is going with you. Any luck yet?
  • Options
    Hi Firefly419,I haven't actually tried conceiving yet. I'm trying to get in better shape before I try. My doctor and I are trying to prevent any health risk that I may have from being on the heavy side. What about you? Any success? Thanks for checking up on me ;)
  • Options
    I have an appointment on Tuesday at a fertility clinic for a consultation. I'm going to reluctantly move on to IUI. We'll see how it goes and what the doc says.
    You're smart to take care of your health before trying to conceive. Good luck!
  • Options
    Don't you hate how easy it is to get out of shape and how difficult it is to get into shape?!!! But it is true that all the effort is worth it in the end. I think thats a smart play Danielle. Getting healthy for both you and future baby. And as a bonus it will help make it easier to keep up with baby later haha

Bea Sorry to hear you had to change plans from ICI to IUI..... But we do what we gotta do. Good Luck on Tuesday, fingers crossed for you.

I will give it my first go either this month or in August.