Options

BFP!!!!!! Donor 12126

I just came out of my 2ww this week and found out I am pregnant with donor 12126!!! I am so grateful and feel so blessed that IUI worked for me on only the 2nd try!!!

I want to thank everyone on these boards for sharing their experiences because I truly feel that my 3 months of researching these boards before starting this process actually helped me greatly!!!!!

If anyone else is using this donor I thought it would be fun to keep in touch :)

Comments

• Options
    Congrats RStras !!!!!!

I am in my TWW on my second IUI (different donor). Keep us posted on how everything is going.

Baby Dust :)
    M
  • Options
    Congratulations RStrasburg, that's great news! I am going to be using donor 12126 in a couple of weeks, and it will be my second IUI, so I'm hoping I can follow in your footsteps!
  • Options
    Thank you both!

Ms M good luck on your TWW and keep us posted as well!

Lily good luck to you and please keep me posted. Great choice by the way! I am so happy I chose 12126!

I pray that this works for you both this time :)

~Becky
  • Options
    I'm so excited to find your posts since we are using the same donor.

Congratulations, RStrasburg!

And LilyM138, did you do your IUI yet?

My partner and I just purchased 6 vials of 12126 and are doing our first IUI on 8/9.

BTW, I'm having trouble figuring out the acronyms on this site. What do "AF" and "BFP" stand for? I can tell that BFP means pregnant--yea!--but not the exact acronym.

Thanks and good luck to you both!
  • Options
    Aunt Flow and Big Fat Positive!

Hopefully you get to be celebrating with a BFP soon cj!! Good luck and keep us posted!
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

My IUI didn't go ahead, because I have a cyst (grrrrr) and need to wait until it goes...Hopefully it won't be too long before I can get started again.

cjbrandt - good luck with your IUI this week - let us know how it all goes! Baby dust!

RStrasburg - how are you going with your pregnancy?
  • Options
    Lily I am sorry to hear that but dont worry, that happens and you will have your IUI before you know it!

I am doing well. Almost 8 weeks. I had a miscarriage scare a few night ago and we go in tomorrow for our 1st ultrasound & to make sure everything is ok. I hope I get to hear a heartbeat! I am so excited and nervous at the same time!
  • Options
    Becky - good luck with your ultrasound. Let us know how you go!
  • Options
    Becky, Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound! Will you share what your protocol was the cycle you got pregnant? Did you do clomid, hCG, etc?

Good luck with the cyst, Lily. I had one in March, which delayed getting started with fertility treatments a bit. But it resolved quickly--hope yours will too!

I'm OMW to the Dr. for IUI #1 this morning. !!!!!
  • Options
    Hope the IUI went well, CJBrandt!
  • Options
    Thanks, Lily. The IUI went well. Cervix in the right place, etc. I was surprised that the Dr didn't do another ultrasound to see if I had ovulated. She said that the hCG ensures that I ovulated (we had seen follicles last Thursday but had to wait for uterine lining to thicken up before inducing ovulation) and so there's no need for another ultrasound at the time of insemination.

It was more emotional (perhaps due to all of the extra hormones coursing through my body) than I expected. It's strange now that there's nothing to do and we won't know anything for 2 weeks!

How are you?
  • Options
    Hey Cjbrandt - congrats on being PUPO!
    I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting at the minute. I'm going to see a new RE next week, and I'm hoping the stupid cyst will have dissolved, so I can get this show on the road. Waiting sucks! (hey, you're in the two week wait, I don't have to tell you that!)

Becky - any news on the ultrasound?
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

So the ultrasound went well! Everything is fine and they told us that bleeding is normal as long as there are no clots,tissue or pain with the blood.
    They re-calculated my due date and so as of today I am 7 weeks and 4 days. We got to see the little heartbeat and it was truly amazing!! The look on my husband's face was priceless. We are both so excited!

CJ- First of all I am so happy to hear your IUI went well! I know what you mean about the emotions!

To answer your question:

Cycle day 3-7 I was on 150mg Clomid. Oh plus I was taking 1 baby aspirin every day while I was taking Clomid because I had heard from others on the blogs about it and after I researched it I figured it wouldn't hurt to try!

This last cycle I didn't want to wait to ovulate on my own because I was afraid I would ovulate during the 4th of July weekend when the CCB was closed. So I went in on June 28th for an ultrasound to make sure that my lining was thick enough and to see how many follicles I had. There were only 2 follicles, one on each side. One was 12 and one was 19. My lining was nice and thick she said so she prescribed me the HCG shot and I did it that night at 9:30. We went in on Wednesday and at 9:30am got inseminated.

I gave in and started testing at day 5 ( 3times a day!) and of course it was negative each time. So the HCG in my case was out of my system by day 5. Then on day 11 I woke up took a test and set it down and forgot about it. When I went back in about 30 minutes later I grabbed it to throw it away cause I figured it was negative too and happened to look down & I saw a very faint line! I couldn't believe it so I grabbed a Clear Blue Easy and sure enough it said "pregnant"!!!!

Hope that answers your question and I hope you get your BFP very soon!

Please keep us updated and I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

~Becky
  • Options
    Becky, I'm so happy for you that the ultrasound looked good and that you got to see a heartbeat! Thrilling! Have you signed up for a week by week pregnancy status email? My prego friend gets it and every week the email tells her, and she tells me, what fruit her baby is closest to in size. She's at 16 weeks and I think she said it's the size of an avocado. Maybe your baby is grape-sized by now! :)

And thank you for telling me about the protocol you followed. Very helpful. Here's mine:

I took 50mg Clomid on CD 3-7. On CD 13, when we had the U/S, I had 3 follicles, each of which was about 19. But we had to wait for the lining to get thicker. So we did the hCG trigger the night of CD 15 and inseminated 39 hours later on the morning of CD 17. That was Monday, August 9th. If Monday counts as day 1 of the 2ww, then I'm on day 4.

Imagine all 3 of us having babies with 12126...half siblings! Just FYI, I read that 12126 moved and retired from the CCB program, but that they might get his bloodwork and be able to release more of his stored vials.

Hope you all have a great, great day!
  • Options
    Hey Becky - very exciting about your ultrasound - keep us posted!

Cj - I didn' t know that about 12126 retiring -- where did you read it? I suddenly thought - man, should I buy more - but I've got 12 'in the bank!' so I'm hoping it doesn't take that many!!! Fingers crossed for a first time BFP for you!
  • Options
    I bet that 12 vials is more than enough for you! Here's where I saw that info on 12126:

http://cryobank.com/Bulletin-Boards/messages.cfm?threadid=00CFE0E5-3048-B002-9E3704AAB9B6D654
  • Options
    Lily how is it going? Did you see the RE yet?

Cj how is the 2ww going? Have you given in early yet?!!
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

I saw the new RE, and the good news is - my cyst is gone! Yay! As soon as AF arrives, I will be getting started with my first cycle of IVF, so fingers crossed it all ends with a bfp.

Cj - i bet you're analyzing symptoms like mad right now! Fingers crossed for you, too.

Becky - when is your next u/s?
  • Options
    Yea that the cyst is gone, Lily! Congratulations! So happy that you can move out of the waiting and into the action phase!

Of course, the 2ww feels like total inaction. I'm 9dpiui and realize that it's way too early for a test but it's so hard to wait!! My partner and I agreed that we'd test 1 day early, on 13dpiui, which will be this Sunday.

And yes, I am constantly trying to figure out if my body is sending me a message. But any messages are in a secret code that I cannot decipher! E.g. I'm tired, but then I'm always a sleepy head. My nipples are really sensitive, but maybe that's PMS. On and on....

I bought a big, not-too-taxing novel and have been reading for hours every night after work to keep my mind busy. And I think my partner and I may go to a movie tonight.

How did you manage the wait, Becky?

And Lily, have you done cycles and dealt with the 2ww in the past?
  • Options
    Yay Lily, I am so excited for you! Cant wait for the process to start for you!!

My next u/s is actually this Friday! Cant wait to see the little munchkin again & to see if and how much growth there has been since the 9th ?

CJ, I started testing at day 5 so I obviously didn't handle the wait too patiently!!!! Starting the day after insemination I was SO tired I slept about 18 hours a day so my time went by a little quicker! I spent a lot of time hanging out with friends and family once I wasn't so tired anymore so that helped too.

I cant wait until Sunday to hear about your BFP!!
  • Options
    Cj - I did one unmedicated IUI - so I didn't have the 'medication' related symptoms during my 2ww but I was still over analyzing everything. I was sure I felt the day 6 implantation cramps!!! (but then AF came early, so I didn't even get to test) Good luck on Sunday - fingers crossed for team 12126!

Becky - good luck for your next u/s! Can't wait to hear your progress!

Now - if my period would just hurry up and arrive, I could get started. It's currently missing in action - which is due to the cyst. (of course, if this was the end of a 2ww, I would be thrilled if it was late!)
  • Options
    You just made me laugh, Lily: "Team 12126!" Love it! And it really has started to feel like we are a little team. Yea!

Becky,
    Can't wait to hear about your u/s today. Can you post the pictures? I don't know how to do that but I saw someone else posted their u/s pics--of the cutest little twin babies!

Lily,
    You are the only one of the 3 of us who actually wants to bleed right now! Hope it starts today! What's your plan for this cycle?

As for me, the waiting got to be too much last night and I did a HPT: it was negative. It was the night of 10dpiui. I hope that just means that the hCG trigger shot is out of my system and that the placenta hasn't started sending out enough of the hormone for the test to pick it up yet. How's that for positive thinking? I think I can now wait until Sunday to test again, but we'll see!

I've heard that clomid can lengthen your cycle, but I don't know by how much. So not sure when AF would arrive this time.
  • Options
    Well, it looks like we are going to start iui cycle #2. BFN today and AF on the way. I feel sad, deflated, and desperate to know why it didn't take this time.

I have started a list of all of the things I'm going to do this cycle to help get pregnant....acupuncture, baby aspirin, etc. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!
  • Options
    Awww CJ I am so sorry :(

Maybe 39 hours was too late? Maybe you already ovulated by then?

Obviously you had enough follies so I wouldn't suggest the Clomid be increased.

I did baby aspirin during the time I was taking Clomid for my successful round. ( 1 80mg pill a day) and when I had my u/s right before my IUI the Doc said the lining looked very good. The 1st IUI round I didnt take the aspirin and my lining wasnt very good.

At least you stocked up on viles!

It will work next time. 3rd time is a charm!!
  • Options
    CJ- read my post right before this one - on "femara vs clomid". I'm also doing acupuncture. Went for my first session last Tues, and will go now once a week for at least 3 months. It's not cheap, but i hear fabulous things about it. I go to a very recognized fertility clinic and they advise it and said they've seen great success. I'm starting my 3rd IUI this week.
  • Options
    Hey CJ - I'm sorry to hear it was a BFN. The disappointment is hard to take, when you've been living with such hope for 2 weeks. You're doing everything right, though, so you've got a great chance this cycle. It will happen, I know it will!
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and support--it helps!

It's been a confusing week. BFNs all around. But brown spotting only for 4 days; no red blood so far. Saw RE today for blood tests. Maybe delayed AF due to clomid or something with progesterone. Anyway, I'm just ready to bleed and move on to IUI#2!

On the positive side, U/S today showed no cysts so won't have to delay for that.

My RE said that baby aspirin can't hurt and might help...going to try that. Had a "fertility massage" tonight...who knew that such a thing existed? Maybe only in San Francisco?! Going for acupuncture next Monday.

LilyM, did you get AF so you can start?

shelleykry--good luck with IUI#3! It's your time!
  • Options
    Ok lets see if this works! The first one is my first u/s at 7 weeks and the 2nd pic is at 9 weeks!

[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/becksfinds/BabyStrasburg-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/becksfinds/MuchkinAugust20.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    WOW! I can actually see the sack, especially on the second one. WOW. I'm awestruck. And I even feel a little teary eyed. Thank you so much for sharing!

Let's exchange email addresses so that we 12126ers have another way to keep in touch. My partner is in IT and told me to disguise my email address so that web crawlers (??) can't pick it up and spam me. So here's the disguised version....just take out the spaces.

cjbrandtstover at gmail dot com

Hope that works! And go Baby Strasburg!
  • Options
    Amazing, Rebecca! So that's what a 12126 baby looks like! I can't wait to follow his/her progress!

My email is lilym1388 at gmail dot com

How are you going with your preparation for the next IUI, Cj? I had a fertility massage in Los Angeles - it was awesome!