Options

My First IUI, Finally!

If anyone's read my posts around here for the last three months, they would have heard me venting my frustration about how my cycle went haywire as soon as I started this process (related stress, I believe), how clomid didn't work for me, and how much I wanted to get started sooner rather than later!

Well, after two acupuncture appts. (which I highly recommend---I've become a convert), my cycle got back on track and I was able to go in yesterday for my first IUI. I only did one this time and I'm 39, so who knows if it'll pan out, but here's hoping!

--CSS

Comments

• Options
    CSS...great news! I hope your first IUI is your only IUI! It's possible! I'm 36 and we got pregnant on our first IUI! I"m setting here looking at our little girl who is 12 days old now! Stay positive!
  • Options
    Wow, this is great to hear, both of you. CSS I hope it takes. I havent done my 1st yet. Clomid also didnt work for me. Im doing the shots next. I'll be 40 on the 29th
    Misty and Carla, 12 days old!! Thats so sweet! Congrats to you both

Kara
  • Options
    Thanks, MistyandCarla. As always, you two are an inspiration. And congrats on the birth of your daughter!

And hang in there, Kara. If the shots don't work for you (or even if they do), you might consider acupuncture. I saw immediate results in regulating my cycle, and it makes me feel very relaxed and calm to boot. Whatever happens, I plan on continuing the treatments, as it's said to be helpful throughout the whole process.

In any case, best of luck!

--CSS
  • Options
    Thanks girls! We're at 15 days now...even the sleepless nights are worth it.
  • Options
    I took an early pregnancy test this morning, 7 days after my IUI (since it was a natural cycle---i.e. no fertility drugs or Hcg shots----I didn't have to wait two weeks), and got a BFN, sorry to say. I may try again in a few days, just to make sure, or wait to see if I get my period next weekend, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Truth be told, I didn't really expect it to work out the first time (despite M&C's success in that regard), so I'll just give it a another shot next month.

--CSS

P.S. I only did one IUI this time and would kind of like to try a double/back to back IUI next time, but we're not sure we can afford it, as it pretty much doubles the cost. Will think about it...
  • Options
    7 DPIUI is WAY too early to test!! Even 10 days is too early!

Don't give up!
  • Options
    Okay, okay! :-)

I was actually hoping that the early pregnancy test might be off, but I guess we'll wait and see...

--CSS
  • Options
    After my first IUI, I started testing at day seven just because I couldn't wait. I knew the test wold not be accurate, so I didn't worry about the BFNs I got evermorning, until day 11. According the the package, it should have been over 90% accurate by that day, so I figured, I'm in for another round. Than on day 12 BAM! BFP. My son is now 6 months old.
  • Options
    Thanks, Arkmom. You ladies are making me feel a lot better!

The pregnancy test I used is specifically geared towards days 6-8 and it's said to be quite accurate, so that's why I may have jumped the gun. But I think I'll test again in a couple of days and/or just wait to see if I get my period this weekend or not. Fingers crossed...

--CSS
  • Options
    I did another test today (10 DPIUI) and it was still a BFN. Not that I'm obsessed or anything ;-)

But seriously, I think I'll just wait out my period (due this Sat.) and then continue testing if it doesn't come. And if all else fails, there's always next month.

--CSS
  • Options
    Got my period a couple of days ago, so it looks like those early pregnancy tests were accurate. Will try again in October.

--CSS
  • Options
    Thanks. It was only my first time, so the results aren't that unusual.

The problem is we're already running into financial challenges, especially after a cycle of (unsuccessful) fertility treatments. If worse comes to worst, I may switch to just doing ICI's at home since it's a lot less expensive.

In the meantime, fingers crossed for IUI number two!

--CSS