Options

How long for a response?

Hi there - I have a question down the board about a donor that I posted on October 28th that I've never received a response on and I sent an email with specific questions on shipping etc. that has not been answered as yet either.

Could you please look into this and have someone respond to my email?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lisa-

We are still looking into the Caymen Islands for any shipping restrictions.

ScottCCB
  • Options
    Thanks Scott. I know Fairfax ships here (so it is definitely possible). I prefer CCB though - lots of nice features that I'd like access to for me and my future kiddo.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Lisa -

If it is legal, I'm sure we can do it.

Our shipping manager is confirming with UPS and FedEx just to make sure we have every detail covered. Sometimes there are specific import/customs regulations that can delay delivery, so we want to know exactly what to expect.

Scott
  • Options
    Hi Scott - I still haven't received a response to my email re:shipping to Cayman. I am becoming a bit concerned, as I have already picked a donor with CCB that I would like to use. If you are unable/unwilling to ship here I would appreciate finding out sooner rather than later so that I can begin a search at Fairfax for a donor. Could you please endeavour to have a response to me by the end of the week at the very latest?

Thank you
    Lisa
  • Options
    Hi Lisa -

Fed Ex has no restrictions but we have not heard back from UPS. Based on Fed Ex, we should have no problem shipping to the Caymen Islands.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Excellent news! I will be in touch very shortly with paperwork etc. to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping that a month from now I'll be eagerly waiting on the end of my 2 weeks to know if it worked!

With regard to shipping, how long ahead should I have the tank shipped here? I suppose a few days "buffer" would be smart.

Thanks for your help!
    Lisa
  • Options
    My pleasure. Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    You should plan to have the tank arrive at least 2 days prior to your best-guess insemination day. The tank will keep the specimens safe for at least 7 days, so err to the side of caution. If your physician can store the vials for you, there is no reason not ship them out ASAP.

Fingers crossed,

Scott
    CCB