Options

IVF round #1 (donor 13337)

Hi, everyone,

Been off of this board for awhile. Little set-back with having to have surgery to have polyp removed, now on to IVF. Seemed like a big leap initially, but here I am in my first cycle ....

Anyone else in their first round of IVF? I am doing gonal-F (300), low dose hog (20), and lupron (5). Ovaries are taking their time ... I have a bunch of small follicles, but none developed yet. I am on day#6 of meds. Apparently estrogen levels are rising appropriately.

I'm doing PGD and a two embryo transfer. Just really hoping to get a good retrieval this month - don't want to go through this too many more times. Also, my job schedule is VERY unforgiving!

Coming up on my fortieth birthday! Hard to believe ....

Anyhow, don't have any specific questions really .... well, I guess how many eggs is average to have retrieved? Did others do PGD? What days did your retrievals usually fall? Any other advise/wisdom you can offer! Oh, and my donor is 13337.

Thanks everybody!!!
KC

Comments

• Options
    Hi Karin,
    Welcome back. I remember last you were doing long rotations at work combined with your IUI cycles. Hope everything is well.
    AFM- everything's going as well as could be. 1 BFP mc in 06/13 and another BFP mc in 09/13. Now I am on IUI #4. I am on day 8 of stims, triggering tonight. I can't afford ivf at the moment.
    Sorry I have no experience with ivf. But I have seen egg counts as high as 42 and as low as 8.. But they say everyone responds differently. Hopefully someone will chim in. GL and FX'd for us both.
  • Options
    Thanks!!! Best of luck to you too!! IVF is expensive, but I have some insurance coverage. Good luck w your IUI. My fingers are crossed for you!

Hopefully will have some follicles in a couple days! Will keep you posted!

Karin
  • Options
    I am doing iui but I know about scheduling conflicts. I'm working tomorrow and they want me to come in for ultrasound and labs again. I don't know what to do I can't call out again.
  • Options
    Update: survived my first cycle! Definitely bloated and gained weight .... I feel like the docs didn't really explain that part.

Retrieval was over the weekend. 21 eggs, 16 mature, 10 fertilized, who knows how many of these will make it and be chromosomal normal. I'm doing PGD.

Hoping to end up with at least a couple embryos to work with!! Weird to think that I have embryos in the world!!

And now the waiting game and the progesterone suppositories etc. Fun, fun!

Hope everyone is well,
    KC
  • Options
    Glad everything went well. When are you expecting to transfer?
    I know, the progesterone suck!!!

AFM- I am in the second week of tww. I am optimistic and anxious. Good luck. KMFX'd
  • Options
    Bad news today. Of this retrieval, I got 16 mature eggs, 10 fertilized, and just found out today that they need to convert to freeze all cycle and that only one made it to blastocyst.

So, I am setting my hopes on one? I was previously planning to have two transferred and was worried about multiples, and now don't have the luxury to worry about that!!

Anyhow, should I:
    -transfer the one embryo next month?
    -do another IVF now so that I have more to work with?

I have one flexible-ish month coming up, then 2 bad months (where I likely won't be able to do anything other than work), and then 4-5 more flexible months.

Would love input. Definitely disappointed.

Karin
  • Options
    I would transfer the one embryo. What if this is your baby. Good luck