Options

acupunture

So.... I was scheduled for my IUI this afternoon but my surge never showed yesterday or today. I was also scheduled for acupuncture this morning and went through with it because I figured "what could it hurt?"

Although acupuncture was not a relaxing or peaceful experience (how can needles ever be?!) about 20 minutes into the relaxation phase I started feeling cramping in my tummy. Very similar to the beginning stages of menstrual cramps. It did not feel anywhere near relaxing or soothing but rather uncomfortable and worrisome. I have never felt ovulation as some women do and was wondering if the acupuncture may have brought on ovulation although my surge did not show. I know once you ovulate, the surge does not show on an OPK but I am confused. When the acupuncturist came to check on me, I told her I felt as though I was having cramps. The acupuncturist told me that I must have moved and therefore the needles that were placed in my belly moved as well and I was experiencing pain from the needles now being into the muscle. WHAT??!!! I didn't move a single muscle!!

Any thoughts in this ladies??

Thanks for what ever you have to offer as this is only the beginning of what I was hoping would not be too long of a journey and seems to already be difficult.