Options

Set up my IUI appts.

I set up all my appts for my first IUI. I am so excited yet nervous !! I just can't wait to start this jouney! I am trying to stay positive for my journey. I was thinking of doing accupuncture, but I think it's pretty costly. Any other suggestions ?

Comments

• Options
    oops sorry about the typos
  • Options
    Hi Chatty! Wishing you the best on your procedure! I start my process with ultrasounds around Dec. 18 or 19. The actual insemination won't be until the week after Christmas though. I'm excited and can't wait!!! I'm praying for you! I don't have any suggestions, as this is my frist time doing it. But, like you, I considered acupunchture, but felt that it was rather costly. I'm having to devote most of my resources to donor sperm and the actual procedures.
  • Options
    HI cmgentry,
    I was thinking the same thing about the cost and don't want to take away from sperm and insem cost. Why are you getting ultrasounds ? Just curious ? How are you if you don't mind me asking ?
  • Options
    Hi Chatty. I am 40 years old and I don't mind your asking at all. I am single and am wanting a baby something awful. Hence, donor sperm. Because of my age, I wanted to start out with a little aggression. So, I decided and my doctor agreed, that on my first try I would do a ministem of chlomid with IUI. The process sounds a little involved to me. But, here goes. The doctor does an ultrasound on day 2 or 3 of my cycle. I think they want to get a look at how many follicles I have. Then I take the chlomid on days 3 to 7. Then I take shot of a med (dont' remember the name) on day nine. Then I go in for another ultrasound on day 12. If my eggs are ready, I then take another shot at home when told to by the doctor. The name of that shot, I believe, is ovidrel. Then I go back to the doctor's office within the tyime period precribed, usually a day or two later for insemination. I will do insemination two days in a row with a different vial of sperm from my donor.

I decided to be slightly aggressive because I wanted to increase my chances of getting pregnant on the first try. I ovulate on my own, but the ministem is supposed to increase my chances of developing more mature eggs to be released.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I never knew how involoved all this could be ?? I am 32yrs old so I hope not to have to do any meds, but you never know ? I ordered my sperm last night. I was so nervous just doing that !! I am going to try next week!! I know it most likely won't happen the first time ,but I am trying to be positive !!!
  • Options
    Hi Chatty. You're welcome. It can be involved! It was more involved for me because of my decision to use the chlomid. But, if you're not using meds, it won't be that bad. And don't say "I know it most likely won't happen the first time." There are many posters on this board that for them it happened on the first time. :-) My prayer and belief is that it will happen for me the first time!!! So, just pray and hope for the best. I will be a week or so behind you in trying. But, I definitely want to know your progress! Keep me informed. ok.
  • Options
    Chatty,
    Being 39, still trying, and no medical issues...reduce conflict in your life, take a good prenatal vitamin, and go in for ultrasound monitoring if you can afford it and insurance doesn't cover it. I ovulate on my own regularly and have had 3 unsuccessful attempts at IUI. I also wanted unmedicated. If were to go back to my 3 IUI attempts, I would request ultrasound and bloodwork at LH surge to be sure the timing was right and the number/size of follicles each time. To speed up the process, I will be trying Clomid in January with monitoring. I expected it to happen on the first try, and stick. I still only buy vials one at a time with the hope it will work each time- which is, of course more expensive but also more positive to me.
    Lori
  • Options
    Chatty, when are you planning to have your 1st IUI? I failed my 1st with Clomid and am due to have my 2nd attempt in a few days, also after taking Clomid. I din't have the ultrasounds as my RE says that it's an expense that is very unnecessary and that if you just use the Clearblue Easy OPKs, it's pretty accurate. I guess we shall see. I am also 40yrs old, actually going to be 40.5 as of Jan 1.

To everyone trying, stay positive and happy and all good things shall come to those who have waited!!

Baby Dust,
    Jen
  • Options
    Hey Jennifer,
    I started testing today, so one day this week it will be god willing !! When did you have your first attempt?
  • Options
    Hey Jennifer,
    I started testing today, so one day this week it will be god willing !! When did you have your first attempt?
  • Options
    Hey Jennifer,
  • Options
    Hey Jennifer,
  • Options
    Hey Jennifer,