Options

1st IUI with clomid...

My wife and I are going to be having our first IUI done with clomid next month. I will be carrying. I am curious how many people had success their first try and carried to full term? I am reading a lot about miscarrying, so just looking for some positive vibes. :) I am 34 and this is our first try. I'll be taking 50mg clomid.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

I can't answer your question but wanted to say 'hello' as it sounds like we are in similar circumstances. My wife (33) is on 50mg of clomid and we had our first IUI last week. We are now in the 2ww, and trying to be patient and not let our hopes get too high.
  • Options
    I just finished my first cycle (IUI), BFN on 100mg Clomid with donor 13844. I go for another ultrasound and round of Clomid tomorrow. I've read a lot of people on IUI reach around 5 cycles before finding their BFP. I hope it doesn't take us as long, but the timing is everything!
  • Options
    What a coincidence, 2step2dmb - we are also using 13844. If you get a BFP our kids could be half-siblings.

I've heard 3-5 cycles is typical as well, though of course we all hope it will be faster for us!

Best of luck to you, 2step2dmb, and also to you, 2moms2bewehope!
  • Options
    Hello to you both! :) I am going to be taking 50mg in December. We were going to do this in November, but I have to have carpal tunnel surgery and decided not to tackle too much all at once. We're going with donor 13765. This will be our first time and I have 2 kids from a previous relationship, that are 10 and 11. I had no problems conceiving back then, but times change. So, hopefully, with the clomid, we get pregnant the first time. Of course, we all hope that! I'm so excited to get going on this. I hope you both have good results from your IUI. Please keep me posted! :)
  • Options
    I can't answer either but am also in a similar circumstance. I took 50 mg of Clomid cycle days 5-9 and had a trigger shot (because of the Clomid the ovulation predictor kits - over $100 dollars of kits, 2 brands, 3 models - gave consistent error messages). I had follicles though (2 of equal size) and I had the IUI on Thursday, 10/23 and the OB said I could take a pregnancy test on 11/6. We are on pins and needles here; we've wanted this for so long. We worked so hard for my body to be ready with weight loss and finances to be ready and the house bought, and then tied the knot to formalize everything a month after DOMA fell, but my wife has been in active cancer treatment (recurrent, metastasized endometrial cancer diagnosed 3 months after our wedding). She was declared in remission and my cycle came that same day, so we jumped on it. It is our first try and I am 36 so we just waiting! I have a lot of symptoms, but all could be from the hormones I took. I am very hopeful that one is all it takes . . . Also worried about all the many things that could happen. I am a worry wart from way back and if I do conceive I think there will be no conquering it! Starfruit have you all tested yet? It sounds like your wife had her IUI about a week before I did.
  • Options
    Evelynclaire, I will keep my fingers crossed this IUI works for you and your wife. I am already anticipating the 2ww period. I will be wanting to test earlier than I should, and I probably will too. :) It sounds like you and your wife have had a busy and stressful time getting to this point. I wish you both the best in every part. My wife and I got married in August last year, we live in Minnesota, so right when it was legal here, we got hitched. Now, we're ready to expand our family. I would love to keep in touch with all of you guys too, it seems we're all at about the same point. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    My wife and I are also going through our first IUI. We had a successful reciprocal IVF about a year ago that unfortunately ended in miscarriage, but I am being cautiously hopeful for this IUI. I just started 50mg clomid last night. Good luck to everyone and stay positive!
  • Options
    Looks like it's a 'no' for us this month, so we'll try again next month. Good luck, everyone!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that starfruit. :( Hope next cycle is successful for you and your wife!
  • Options
    I took Clomid 50mg and had the ultrasound but follicles are too little at the moment. Going back Friday to check again. This is my first IUI. I'm doing this on my own so I'm hoping that it will happen sooner than 3-5 cycles.
  • Options
    Good luck to you as well irish! You'll have to keep me posted. :)
  • Options
    Doing IUI tomorrow. Doctor had called on Friday to tell me he thought I ovulated already but I haven't so tomorrow is the big day.