Options

First timer!

Hi there, I turn 29 this summer and my wife and I are going to start trying for baby #1 this December. I will be carrying the baby. We are wondering if anyone does this at home? We were thinking once we decide on a donor to have the sperm shipped to our home and trying the old turkey baster trick. I know sperm isn't cheap so we are just wondering how many of you have success doing it yourself at home vs. having it inserted in a doctors office.

I have regular periods and no health issues.

Comments

• Options
    Hiii, my wife and I are in the process as well. We haven't done IUI yet as we're waiting for out doctors appointment. I'm also 29 and would be the one carrying the baby. I'm debating whether to use meds since I want twins and I know the chance of multiple increases. My blood work came out high and so did my follicle count. So I'm hoping we are on the right track. I do have a friend who did it themselves at home. The first time didn't take but the second one did. They didn't purchase sperm, rather they used the spouses brothers sperm. Weird I know at least for me. Not sure if that's better or not. All I know is theres a possibility of heart ache no matter which method you try. I think we all just have to stay positive and be patient. Good things come to those who wait. Good luck to you both ??