Options

Our First Positive LH Surge!

Yeah! We're so excited! We just received our first positive LH surge!

We started testing a few days ago with the Clear Blue Ovulation Kit (the same brand that we practiced with last month)...I knew that I should OV today (CD14) so when I tested last night, I got so nervous...all that I kept thinking was what if I don't know how to accurately read these things and I miss my only opportunity to inseminate. When we purchased the OPK, they didn't have the digital ones, but when we went shopping last week, we saw them and wished we had purchased that one. I told DP that I should have just bought the digital one when we saw it. So, my DP said "get your purse, we're going to Wal-Mart to get the digital one." Thank Goodness! To make a long story short, we went to 4 different stores in two different towns to finally find the Clear Blue digital. We tested last night and nothing...BFN! Again this morning and another BFN...me being the persistent person that I am, I tested again at 12:15pm and FINALLY...a BFP!

We go in for the insemination at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning...to those of you who know...does this sound okay time wise?

I can hardly contain my excitement...if you were here I would give you a hug!

Wish us luck!

Misty and Carla

Comments

• Options
    That is great Misty and Carla!! :) I am giving you a virtual hug!! Haha!! I love your excitement, it is really great! :)

Your timing sounds good!! Good luck!! Keep us posted. YAY!!
  • Options
    cjkj,

Thanks for the reply and for the hug!

We'll keep you guys posted!
  • Options
    Misty & Carla,

How exciting!!! I remember the first time 1 got my + LH. I think it was the first time that it hit me, "This is really happening!!! We are actually finally doing this!!!".

I go in for my CD10 sono tomorrow to see how my follicles are doing & try to pin down when we will do the insemination (prob Monday...) so I'll be right behind you in the TWW!

Congrats & Good luck!!!
    Kimberly
  • Options
    Hello,

Well, we are now in out TWW...we had our insemination on Saturday morning after driving 2 hours in an ice storm! Our count was 27.4 million...and something was 72%...I can't remember what our doctor said that was. Could it have been motility?

Anyways, I had some pretty severe cramping all day Saturday, but my doctor said that I may. He had a hard time inserting the tube into my cervix, but he said every cervix curves differently and that it wasn't anything unusual. So, now I just keep waiting to feel something "unusual" in hopes of it being a positive sign of a BFP!

kimi723 ~ Good luck today. I hope we are both celebrating after our TWW! :)

You girls have a good week!
    Misty and Carla
  • Options
    Misty and Carla-

Timing is there, we used the digital this month for the 1st time too! I felt so much more positive with the "smiley face" result than trying to figure out the different shades of pink! We got a LH surge on Jan. 6 at 10 a.m. and went in for the IUI at 4 p.m. that afternoon. Just out of curiousity I did another ovulation test on Jan 7 to see if I would still get a positive but I didn't. Hopefully this one takes!

Good luck to you guys this morning! You are in my prayers!

Diana
  • Options
    Misty&Carla,

Congrats on everything going well on Saturday! I don't recall ever hearing of a 72% motility!! You girls got some Michael Phelps swimmers there!

My IUI will be Wednesday... A little later that I though, but I'm good with that.

Try to stay calm these next 2 weeks! It can be a nerve-rattler!!

Kimberly

Cathy - We are all anxiously awaiting your results from this weekend!!!!
  • Options
    kimi723,

Thanks for the well wishes...your comment on Michael Phelps is ironic...that's what DP said too! I had to laugh when I read that! :)

So far, I've remained calm...I just wish that I had some type of sign...just feeling something different to give me a ray of hope! I know it's early...we're only 4dpo, but still...

I'm going to call my doctor today and find out for sure what the 72% was...I'll let you know.

I'm sending baby dust your way today! Let us know how it goes.

Misty and Carla
  • Options
    Well, I did call my RE and they double checked...yep, the motility was 72%. It does seem a little higher than the average. kimi723 got my curious, so I done some research on this site and found one person with 81% and another person had back to back IUI's with 80% and 82%, but most people have an average around 50-60% motility.

I'm hoping that this means a BFP for us! :)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else want to share their sperm count and motility numbers?

Misty and Carla
  • Options
    20 million but my doctor said it only takes one :)