Options

only 1 follicle

Ladies,

I have only on follicle growing. Has anyone gotten pregnant with one follicle only? I need support

Comments

• Options
    I had to laugh when I read this, but in a sweet, loving way. Almost everyone who gets pregnant on their own has one follicle. You only need one.
  • Options
    Lol, I know but what I meant was, don't your chances of conception increase if you have more than one follicle, verses just one?
  • Options
    Yeah your chanced increase but you are taking meds and timing insemination exactly. I hope the stars align for you.
  • Options
    Sweety,

When do you do your IUI? I am in my tww, I am on day 4 of 14 day wait. This is my 7th IUI, hope it works. If not, one more try then break until I can do IVF. I have to lose 22 pounds first (ughhh)..

Nise
  • Options
    Ahh, I hope you are pregnant. My iui is scheduled for this Saturday. I used menopur, did u use meds? I'm a little worried though my cycles are about every 26 days, but my doc is doing my insemination on cd 15, and ovary does not pinch anymore. I'm afraid I already ovulated, has this ever happened to you? Baby dust for bfp
  • Options
    an egg lives for abt 12-24 hrs after ovulation so you CAN get pregnant after. it's better to do the ins before though as sperm can live + 3 days (sometimes i read the number 5 days).

it sounds strange to schedule the IUI a certain amount of days instead of coming in, doing ultrasound and SEE when/if it's time... that's what i did, and when it was abt time i got a booster shot.
    at my first 4 inseminations my doc scheduled IUI a little after12 hrs after my booster shot, which would cover me both if i ovulated early or if i ovulated at the more "average" 36 hrs after (as sperm can live for + 3 days). as IUI no. 1-4 were unsuccessful, on the 5th attempt he decided to do it abt 24hrs after the booster shot (should take 24-48 hrs after boostershot bef ovulation, around 36hrs they say). i was scared that in case i'd have an early ovulation it wouldn't work.

i did mine in bkk - perhaps procedures are different there...

anyway, the "late" IUI worked for me, here i am 11 weeks preggers and praying that the little one will stay

:)

good luck!
  • Options
    Congrats ellamona! Sweety I took home ovulation tests. As soon as I had a surge I called and booked the IUI the next day. The only thing is I was confused by the directions so I this I went 2 days after ovulation. Anyway hope that is the combo. It is CD 29 and still no period. Baby dust to all
  • Options
    Sweety

I have done 6 rounds of IUI with clomid and a hcg shot. Currently my 7th IUI has failed. Doing one more clomid round while I wait for my insurance to pre approve using injectable meds. I have done insemination on cd 15 before, it all depends on how big your follicles are. Good luck and lots of baby dust.
  • Options
    I tried over the counter ovulation tests, they did not work for me. PCOS can really make it difficult to use home tests. So I go in to be monitored by ultrasound.
  • Options
    svqueen,

how have you been? are you preggers?
  • Options
    Hey Sweety my blood test is tomorrow. I'm really starting to think that I am. Every hpt came back negative but today I started spotting. I don't know what it means. I hope and pray but I have never had spotting before. I will keep you updated.
  • Options
    Sweety- I am so sorry you got your period. Stay positive and keep traveling towards your baby. Its probably silly but I feel like our babies are just waiting for us to reach them. Keep going
  • Options
    svqueen,

no I haven't gotten my period yet, but it feels like I am. I test on friday. Good luck to both of us. ya home pregnancy tests are negative for me as well.
  • Options
    Hey guys... I know you all are testing, not to put false hope sometimes those tests are wrong. I tested early and it was always negative, when I tested at 14 days it was positive. I have a healthy 1 year old now. Good luck.
  • Options
    I got tested and waiting for results. I think I miscarried last night. It was the worse cramping and clots I've ever experienced. So we will see what the results mean.
  • Options
    A queen,

If its anything like that, at least you know that you can get pregnant. Good luck
  • Options
    Sv queen, it can also be just a heavy period, since you ovulated late, you started your period late. Also, I heard that clomid can cause heavy cycles. Don't give up!