Options

Clomid

Has anyone had success with extra follicle growth using Clomid?

I'm ovulating on my own but my fertility MD is introducing it for unexplained fertility since I did 4 rounds of IUI, all unmedicated with no success of pregnancy. I'm 42 years of age but all hormone levels are in the normal range and I have no issues with my tubes or ovaries.

Would love to hear your stories!

Comments

• Options
    I did! ! I'm 39, also ovulate on my own, and numbers are good. The first month, I was prescribed 50mg of clomid for days 3 - 7. At my mid-cycle ultrasound I had 6 mature follicles!!! Dr. was shocked and the IUI was canceled because of the increased risk for multiples. The following month I took 1/2 a pill and still developed good follicles - 3 matures and 2 smaller ones. I had the IUI but unfortunately it was unsucessful.

Good luck to you - I hope you have good luck with the clomid!
  • Options
    I was 39 when I took clomid and I did not respond. I guess it's not uncommon to be clomid resistant. I had much better luck with femara, and got pregnant at 40 on femara plus a low dose of gonal f.
  • Options
    I took clomid and had 2 mature follicles. Got pregnant with twins but 1 vanished. I'm now 10 weeks with a healthy baby. Good luck
  • Options
    Did clomid 50mg in my first medicated cycle and wound up with three mature follicles but my lining was thin so I had to go on estrogen suppositories....BFN. Switched to femara and menopur with three mature and tons of immature follicles but no thinning of the lining and am now in my TWW. Baby dust to all!
  • Options
    Single journey,

I was ovulating on my own and I'm 40. My first iui my ob did it, i was on 50mg. At my follicle check i had 2 over 20 and some under 10, i got BFN. my 2nd cycle i switched to a RE, he upped clomid to 100mg, same thing at least 2 over 20 and some smaller ones. I took a cycle off because of being out of town and having cyst. This cycle we up clomid to 150mg, cyst was gone, on day 9 i went in for follicle check, i had 19, 17, 15, 13 and a few on each side under 10, all cycle i did trigger shots. I am now 10 days post iui. AF should show up around thursday, not sure when i will test.