Options

cysts

Today's ultrasound showed 5 large cysts, a side effect of the Clomid. Has anyone else had these? They are going to remove them in the same way they do egg retrieval for IVF....since I am doing IUI, I don't know what to expect. Has anyone had this procedure done??

Comments

• Options
    Oh, man! That's terrible. I'm sorry that happened to you. I read about cysts being a consequence of clomid. You posted this a few days ago - did you have it done yet? If not, good luck, From what I've heard egg retrieval isn't too bad so I'm sure you'll do great. Then you'll be back in the game for your third try! You know what they say about the third time...
  • Options
    I had them removed last Friday. I was given the option of anesthesia or just valium and I chose valium. It was pretty painful, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
    I go back Thursday for an ultrasound and hopefully IUI early next week!
  • Options
    I had a cyst on my left ovary due to a reaction to Follistem (injectible). My RE decided to wait another month before we try again.
  • Options
    Jaimec, looks like we'll be tww buddies again. My u/s is Friday and hopefully IUI over the weekend. Lots of luck to us both! Glad they were able To take care of those cysts so quickly!
  • Options
    shonarm - I have an ultrasound this afternoon and am HOPING that my eggs look good enough to plan the IUI for Saturday or Monday. I took Clomid again, so I am nervous that I am going to get cysts again (but I don't know how quickly they form)....hopefully everything will look good!!!
    May I ask which attempt this is for you? It will be my 3rd.
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    This is #2 for me. My u/s is tomorrow morning but I don't think the clomid is doing much this time. Last time at this point i felt like my ovaries were about to burst and only had one decent follicle on right and one just about mature follicle on left. This time they're barely making their presence known. But who knows what's really going on in there - the little guys still have 12 hours to grow.
  • Options
    Well, I hope your u/s is better than mine. Last month on Clomid I had 3 good size eggs, but no pregnancy and then the cysts. This month (only the 2nd time with Clomid) I have a handful of small eggs, but nothing big. The cysts are starting to grow back but not big enough to be a problem at the moment. But I'm experiencing another side effect of Clomid which is a thin uterine lining. My doctor said even if I had large eggs, the lining isn't thick enough to support a pregnancy. They did blood work and if my estrogen levels are high I go back Monday for another u/s to see if things have improved. If they are low, then he suggest I skip this month because it would probably be waste of money and a vial. He doesn't think I'll have better luck on injectables so now it's back to non-medicated for 6 months and then jumping to IVF. So disappointed.
  • Options
    Sorry about your bad luck jaimec. Keep positive, i know you will have that perfect month where all of the stars align just right and whamo, a baby!

I have two decent follicles this month, so IUI Monday morning...
  • Options
    Maybe my luck is turning....my estrogen level was very high so I go back Tuesday for an u/s and, if all looks well, IUI on Thursday!
    good luck shonarb!!
  • Options
    Yea! Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    The positive thoughts worked!!! The new cysts forming have already started to heal themselves and I have a large egg...larger than any I've had so far! I go back tomorrow at 8:30am and am hoping third times a charm.
  • Options
    @jaimec - Wonderful! That is fantastic!! Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    thank you, momochan!! Yesterday was 1 week post-IUI so just 1 more to go.
    Along with the largest egg so far, the donor had the highest sperm count AND motility so far too! As my mom said, if you don't get pregnant this time his swimmers are blind LOL