Options

killer cells test?

Hi ladies,

Just curious if anyone has a tested for killer cells? my dr's office has me going in tmrw to test for it as they are concerned that my body may be attacking the fertilized embryo.

From what I read online there are mixed opinions on this so I was just wondering if anyone here has had personal experience with it.

thanks!
~mary

Comments

• Options
    what made them think that your body may be attacking the fertilized embryo? were there symptoms ?
  • Options
    That is something new even for me! I feel like I have been tested for just about everything...sometimes even twice. How do they test for this? Curious what it involves and how they know the answer to that. Good luck with everything MsMary. I'll be thinking about you...
  • Options
    Thanks Becky! It was just a blood test - although 5 vials of blood - which they send off to a specialized lab to have the testing done.

They've had some success by treating patients who have had this so wanted to rule it out or be able to treat me for it through the next cycle.

How are you doing Becky?

@metsfan6413 - I've had 2 IUIs and the last one many symptoms that could be perceived positive they just want to rule it out before the next cycle. They do not do this test necessarily for everyone right away since it is an expensive blood test so wait to see if there are possible indicators I guess.
  • Options
    Thanks for asking about me MsMary. I'm doing pretty good now. I typically need a day or 2 to cry it out and then ready to move on. Unfortunately, most ladies can try their next cycle, but I usually end up with cysts and back on birth control. I have gotten used to this by now and am prepared to lose this next cycle. I go in on Monday for my baseline u/s and to check for cysts. I'd be more surprised if there were none than if they found lots of big ones. But I know this is how it goes and will prepare for May. In the meantime I need to find a new donor since mine is sold out now. I guess that will give me something to do in the next month.

I hope you get good results for your blood test and can get started on your next cycle right away.
  • Options
    I have not heard of this either. Now that I moved to IVF and chose the have genetic testing done, I have a lot of answers as to why my IUI's weren't working. Out of 15 embryos, 10 had issues that would make them not compatible with life (my doctors words).