Options

12952, 13629, 13689, 13779 questions

Hi everyone,

I've been considering becoming a Mom of choice (I think that's the right term?) for several years now, and have decided that as I've recently turned 37 that I need to put a lot more weight into it. After talking with my loved ones, I've decided to move into the talking with doctors phase of it. I've read nearly all of the forums here going back quite a while, and you all are a great group of women!

I've shortened my list down to 12952, 13629, 13689, and 13779. I was wondering if anyone has had any successful pregnancies or info that they'd like to pass along about any of these donors?

I have my first appointment with a fertility doc next Thursday (I'm not up on all of the terms that I've seen thrown around about where people are in the process) to talk through it all. But I'm hoping to do my first unmedicated IUI in March, I should ovulate somewhere around March 12-15 based off previous months numbers.

Does anyone have general info/helpful tips etc? I will definitely start acupuncture, I saw several references to that and baby asprin...

Thanks so much ladies!

Mere

Comments

• Options
    Yes, just buy two vials at a time. Don't fall in love with a donor and buy a ton of vials. Some donors numbers are off or if they are not getting you pregnant you will want to switch. Don't spend forever on unmedicated cycles. As much as you may want to tell everyone in your life you are trying I would just tell a couple of close friends.
  • Options
    Thanks Sweettheartt!

I had seen a lot of people posting those tips in other forum topics on here, so I have no doubt it is all very good/sage advice.

It's funny because I'm choosing to do this solo, I am conflicted as to how to go about choosing the donor. I found a couple that if I met the guys on the street I would surely fall in love with them based on personality and facial features, but don't know if that is the right way to choose or if I should just be choosing someone that has the best combination of awesomeness to make an awesome child.

Also, I read somewhere that a doc told someone to use negative blood type and negative on the antibody, is there any explanation on why that matters?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Never heard that negative blood type etc unless you are talking about CMV. You will ask for CMV testing at your dr. If you are negative then drs tend to want you to choose CMV negative. But that has nothing to do with blood type. On another note women who have a negative blood type need to pick negative blood type, I believe. Otherwise they lose the pregnancy or could get very sick.
    You mentioned you are deciding on a donor. My future child may care about contact so I am choosing an open donor. I am choosing someone intelligent, handsome, athletic with a nice personality decent medical history and CMV negative since I am and light colored eyes. That's my criteria. The current one I'm using is 13353. He got me pregnant last time, but I had a miscarriage. Trying again though. He is the third donor I've used but first pregnancy.
  • Options
    At the age of 39,I too have decided to become a single mom by choice. I've met with my fertility doctor for initial bloodwork, genetic testing and an initial ultrasound. I haven't selected a potential donor nor have I subscribed to the site yet. I am waiting for results and my second consultation to develop a plan for the best course of treatment. At that time I will subscribe to a site (this is the preferred cryobank for my dr)
    (I did find one donor with at another bank, with similar interest and career and they have life span photos, so I might just purchase his pictures to see his appearance)

In my view there is not really a wrong way to select, something about his profile,or his baby pictures has to capture your attention. I wouldn't select just on one criteria because there is no guarantee your child will have the same characteristics.

How fortunate are we that we can consider a vast array of qualities of 100s of men that combined with our awesome qualities to create a beautiful baby!

My plan is to try one unmedicated, then IVF. Will have to see if dr is on same page.

Google Rh factor and pregnancy
  • Options
    Thanks KBT and sweetheartt! Yes it was cmv and rh negative that I was trying to remember. Now that I've read a bit, I'm o+ so don't apparently need to worry about the rh factor - I'm sure the cmv test will be part of the work up the doc gives me this week.

KBT, lifespan photos sound pretty cool!