Options

AF Question - Help

I got my AF today and I am suppose to call my doctor to Cycle day 1 to so ultrasound can be done on day 2. I am confuse with what day to consider to be cycle day 1. Is it the day my AF starts? Because the day my AF starts I hardly have flow and it's brown (sorry for the TMI), I don't know if that's considered cycle day one. Even though it's not much, it requires at least a liner. I usually see red on day 3 when AF starts. From what I've ready, it seems day 3 will be considered my cycle day one. Please help!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Beginner - I know, it's so confusing. My fertility doc advised me that they consider day 1 to be your first day of full flow red blood. The early days (brown blood) don't count. If you get full flow (red blood) by 9pm, then that's day 1. After 9pm then the next day is considered day 1. If your docs office is open today perhaps give a call and double check or give them a ring tomorrow first thing to make sure they go by the above too. I've done several rounds of IVF now and they always confirm that instruction each time - hope this helps and good luck on this cycle!
  • Options
    Thank you so much, Maldives! Unfortunately, my doctor just says "call on cycle day 1." I read a bit more and many repeated just what you wrote and that's what I followed. This is for my second IUI and I pray it works.

Baby dust to you!