Options

Acupuncture?

I have read about and heard a lot of people discuss the benefits of acupuncture during fertility treatments, but am wondering if any of you have been doing this?

If you have (and it's not covered by your insurance), do you mind telling us how often you go & how much you pay? I hear it can be kinda expensive...

We are starting our IVF protocol this month and was thinking of exploring this as an adjuct to the IVF threatments...

Thanks for your input!
Kimberly

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kimi723-

I am currently doing acupuncture. I have gone once a week for the last 4 weeks, it is not covered under my insurance, but I did check to see if my insurance does have agreements with certain acupunturist in my area and found they did. The regular fee is $60 but with a 20% discount for showing my insurance card, it has been costing me $48 per week, each session lasts an hour and she helps me relax, destress and stimulates the ovaries. My last session is tomorrow and I have my IUI hopefully next week. I went ahead and decided on acupuncture due to others recommendations and success with it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Diana
  • Options
    Hi Kimberly, I have been doing acupuncture for almost two years now and I love it, it really helps with all kinds of issues both physical and emotional. It can help with fertility issues when nothing else has worked. It balances a woman's hormones, regulates her cycle, and encourages ovulation. I started fertility treatments with my acupncturist last fall and will start insemination in June. :)I have heard it is wonderful in conjuction with IVF cycles. my acupuncturist charges $80 per appointment. (I live in the midwest). Cost across the country for an hour long appt can range from $70-$120 per time. I've been going pretty much monthly since the beginning but I know for IVF cycles there is a specific schedule of appointments. Hope this helps If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me at roseart2@hotmail.com Nicole
  • Options
    Kimi,

I use acupuncture weekly during the first two weeks of my cycle. I stop going after IUI /during my two week wait just to be on the safe side. I pay 55 dollars a visit. I cannot attest to success regarding pregnancy as of yet...still waiting for that Big fat positive. However I do believe it helps tremendously with some of the stresses involved in this process.
  • Options
    Thanks for you responses! I think I am going to go ahead and check into it here in my area! I start my IVF cycle on the 17th of this month, so I hope that I can get enough sessions in to work!
  • Options
    Dp and I just started our second IVF two days ago. We did not do Acup with the first ivf and the docs were concerned with dp's stress so she started about a month ago. Weekly treatments, 85$ a session. I hope this does the trick for you all and us!
  • Options
    I just had my first acupuncture this week! She said it would be to help balance me, and I really don't know what that means? But I am going weekly, and I am supposed to keep her informed where I am at in my cycle. My insurance pays for 12 visits minus my 25$ copay.