FaceBook Anyone?

Hi girls,
Are any of you on facebook I thought this might be a good outlet for us all to chat and keep up with those pregnancies in progress and those hopefully to come. Let me know what you think? KIM

Comments

• I am - however.. the sad thing is... I am from a small town and all my high school people are on my facebook... most everyone from my town of 7200 know I'm gay... but my parents haven't even started to tell others in my town that we are trying to have a baby. I wish it wasn't a big deal but for now I'm keeping my baby stuff off my facebook.

That was actually the reason I created www.cryobankfriends.blogspot.com

Anyone can create a post and start a comment if you become a friend of the blog and I can add you very easily. I can add 100 and we have 8 so far! I was hoping to keep up with helpful websites, books, and tips that everyone contributes! You're welcome to use it for chats and I can let you be an author to add photos...etc...
  • Facebook sounds great. Most of my people from the past are on there too but if you create an alias then it may just be possible. The blog spot has been a little difficult for me. I'm having trouble navigating it.
  • The only thing about Facebook is that it does open up what you are doing to anyone you may be friends with... For us, so far only a handful of close frineds know... for now.

I haven't been on Facebook too long, but I know you can create a group for others to join. You can make the group private or public. Thats about all I know. I'm not sure if you make the group private so that only invitees can join, can others still see the postings..??..hmmm

Another thing would be to make the title of the group something less obvious... certainly not "Cryobank" related. So that your family/friends/whoever don't see that you've just joined the group "Lesbians trying to conceive through CCB" group.. ha!

Maybe someone (or me) can look on facebook this weekend & see how private the group can be.

Kimberly
  • Hello all,

I recently created a Facebook group for the organization I work for....You can be as private or public as you want to be. People would be able to see the name and profile photo (if you post one), but wouldn't be able to join unless it was an open (public) group. So you can name it whatever you want "Mommies To Be", etc.

It is pretty easy. I can certainly start one for us. I like Shannon's blog, but haven't yet found time to upload photos and create a profile for my partner and I.

Kathy
  • I actually JUST joined Facebook last week. Let me know if you set up a group...I'll join!
  • Kathy--

Go ahead and set us up with one. I think it would be fun. My screen name is Kim Orcutt--look us up.
    Kim
  • Friends,

I took the liberty of creating a closed group on Facebook for those that are interested:

"Trying to..." is what I named it. Figured it was generic enough so that people couldn't figure it out, yet something easy that you could remember when searching for it.

For those that are concerned about joining a facebook group on this subject, it is "Closed" which means, "Admins must approve requests for new members to join. Anyone can see the group description, but only members can see the Wall, discussion board, and photos."

I left the description as vaque as the title.

It seems that I must already be "friends" with you on facebook in order to invite you to join the group, so if your interested, do a search for the group. I'll approve you to join & make several of us "administrators" that can invite and approve members.

Kimberly
  • Kim,

I did search for you on Facebook but there are 4 or 5 of you with the same name...
  • I am the one from Greenville SC--I think it pulls up first. Let me know if you find me
  • Kimberly -
    I searched Trying to... and wow... some interesting groups came up but there were over 500 of so.... can you add me? from Memphis, TN. Thanks...

Best of luck this week if you get to move forward!

KIMO16 - Good luck on Monday!
  • Hello everyone!

Guess there are some issues with finding the group as Shannon informed us.

If you can't find the group on Facebook (Trying to...) but want to join us there, you can either give me your name/location (from facebook) & I'll try to find you or give me your email address & I'll send you an invite to join!

You can email your name/location to me if you'd rather not post it here -> kimi723@aol.com

Kimberly
  • what about myspace? it is alot less confusing and the groups are better organized....
  • Myspace is not as safe or confidential in my opinion. FaceBook seems more reputable...but that is just my two cents. :)
  • I agree about myspace... i had a site and was bombarded with junk, sex notes and tons of strangers asking to be friends. I've also been toying with the idea of a more robust site than the blog. I have a couple of web designers on my team that might do an outside job for me. Maybe facebook will work though because a lot of information is already there for each person so it doesn't have to be input again..?
  • Hey everyone!

After doing some name change searches, I changed the name of the Facebook Group to...

CCB Friends

For those that are interested, feel free to look us up! When searching for this title, only 10 results came up, so we should be easier to find than the previous name!

There are a few other "CCB" group names...none of which pertain to Cal Cryobank, so we should still be vague enough that others won't figure out what CCB is. Just in case you find it, the group called "CCB Bitc---" is NOT us!! Haha!