Options

1st HSG

Hi ladies,

I had my very first HSG this morning. The procedure went very well, I experienced a cramp or two while the catheter was being inserted but no aftermath cramping or bleeding.

The radiologist let me view the screen with him, it was very amazing to see the dye flow. One of my tubes is wide open, the other one is not. It is open only slightly because it appears to have scar tissue around it. I was so upset to hear that. I wanted everything to be perfect, but I feel there is always something.

My fertility clinic has not received these results back, but again I saw the pictures for myself, he had me move around on that side to see if it would start to flow and it only did a little.

Has anyone had experience with one of the fallopian tubes being blocked or scarred? If so was it dificult for you to achieve pregnancy? Everyone keeps telling me not to worry because I have one good open tube, but im only 30. I didnt think id have any setbacks like this.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jamwilson. I too have one blocked fallopian tube. But my fertility doctor was very positive in moving forward and said one blocked is better than having both blocked. So don't get discourage and think it's a setback. It may change the game plan a bit, but the goal remains the same!
  • Options
    im 32 and my right side is blocked too and my doctor still had me do my second iui last week i didnt know i was blocked till after.... if i dont get pregnant im considering changing doctors bc of this