Options

Has anyone used dornor 11118, 12812 or 13026?

I'm trying to narrow it down and choose. These all show previous pregnancies. #13026 is our favorite but his medical history shows a cousin born with dwarfism. Our research indicates that isn't genetic, just thought why take a risk if there are others we like as well. If anyone has information on any of these I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jorgensk,

We are using 13026 as well and we questioned the dwarfism issue too. From what I understand it is a genetic disorder but can be caused from a number of different things. Some doctors say it a lack of good nutrition and hormones that can contribute to it as well. Apparently dwarfism occurs 1 in every 40,000 births.

We decided to go ahead and use him anyways. Our feeling is whatever we are blessed with we will love just the same. of course choosing to use him is up to you. Either way I wish you luck for a happy, healthy baby :)

Karen & Kelli
  • Options
    Hi K&K -

Thanks for the reply. He sure looks like a great choice! I would love to hear if you are successful, my next IUI is still about a week away.

Good luck!

Kristy
  • Options
    We have his donor conversation and his baby pictures. Do you have either of those? We would be willing to share. Good luck with your IUI...very exciting!

K&K
  • Options
    Better late then never right? But after months of failing to login - I'm finally checking the boards. I used donor 12812 for IVF and became pregnant with twin boys. They are due May 6th and I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant with them. It's going to be any day now as I'm already dilated to 3 as I sit here typing this!!! Boys have measured dead on the national average for their weight and length on every ultrasound and have strong heartbeats. Techs laugh at them on the screens because of how active they are whenever they do a scan and when they put me on the fetal monitor back in February, they nicknamed Twin B as "Flash" because every time they'd find his heartbeat, he'd move and be out of range again! Every indication is that they are strong and healthy - so I would definitely recommend this donor and I'm open to keeping in touch with others.
  • Options
    we too were thinking of using 13026, my understanding is that both parents have to be a carrier of the dwarfism gene for the child to be born with dwarfism. I believe if both parents are a carrier its a 50%50% chance. If one parent doesn't have the gene, its extremely rare for the dwarfism gene to be dominate. In this case, it seems the cousin...not an immediate family member had the gene (we don't know if the aunt or the uncle had the gene and if it was the biological aunt or uncle to the donor) However if I am wrong please feel free to comment as we are considering this donor as well.

thanks. Good luck to all.
  • Options
    We are considering using donor #13026 and was wondering if anyone was successful?

We know it's been a few years since this post.