Options

BFP w/ 11744

We are ecstatic to report that we are pregnant! Third time is the charm I guess. Got BFP on Day 12...let me say its been a roller coaster of a week. First, I've been a little suspicious because after we inseminated I continued to have an elevated temp...which is a first...then on Day 10 which was Wednesday...I got a drop...so my world sorta crashed. Then to put salt in my own wound, I decided I wanted to test that morning, and I got a negative...needless to say I was a bit of a wreck, and my partner, Stacy, had to scoop me up out of the puddle of mush I'd become..so then Thursday morning, when I took my temp, I got a high reading...so now my head is spinning and I am so confused, and a little miffed...it almost felt like someone was playing a cruel joke on us because at this point we just know I'm not pregnant. So then yesterday morning rolls around and again, a high temp. So I told Stacy, I want to test again...she was a little leery, and eyeballed me for a minute and finally said ok, if thats what you want to do we will. So we tested...and we waited...and while we waited I decided to go brush my teeth as I was prepping myself for yet another negative test, and lo and behold Stacy yells, honey, I don't know if we're pregnant but I can see where that pink line is supposed to be now (we tested with the first response)! As I peer down at that test I see not one but two little pink lines! The positive indicator line was a bit light, but it was there! So, our moods became overjoyous and happy! We did it! We did two back up tests yesterday evening, and both (one was a digital) say pregnant! We are overwhelmed with happiness. What a great way to spend our anniversary...celebrating our new pregnancy! We can't wait to welcome our baby who is due on July 4, 2011...can you say major fireworks??!!!?

So to all of you out there...it can happen...and it will...we send to you all tons and tons and tons of baby dust!

Amanda and Stacy.

Comments

• Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you!!! I just love hearing sucess stories like this, maybe you will bring good luck to the rest of us :)
  • Options
    Since we see the same doc, would you mind sharing how the timing went down- as far as when you got your surge and when you did the iui?
  • Options
    Sure we were on Femara this time around...No trigger, took Femara day 3-7... waited for the first color change which happened the 9th and did iui next morning on the 10 th...we did other test that morning and it was darker... we also did other that night and it had already turn to a faint line...
  • Options
    U can email me at colealeigh@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. I saw Reshef today for attempt #3 and I will be taking Femera days 4-8 w/ no trigger. After a year of my partner trying 8 failed IUIs, I guess it was my turn to step up to the plate. Do you chart? If so, what day did you spike after iui? My first iui was 20 hours after surge, my second was 40 hours after. With my surge coming so late in the afternoon, timing has been challenging.
  • Options
    U can go to Medhelp and view our chart...User name is: colekates12

What donor r u using?
  • Options
    Btw... if ur on Facebook u can join a group called ccb friends alot of good info there!!!
  • Options
    Went in for our U/S today... It's a boy!!!!

Jordyn Jacob
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    We've been seeing Dr. R too. We had our 4th IUI today. First 3 were with Clomid and this one with Femera. My partner had an HSG done last week and everything was normal. We've been testing for ovulation twice a day and my partner always gets the LH surge in the evening. We did our IUI this afternoon which was 20 hours after the surge. Our last IUI was the same, 2nd IUI was about 12 hours post surge, and 1st IUI was about 43 hours post surge. Dr. R got mad at us once because we were testing in the evening too. I thought that was strange since 'timing is everything'. My partner works nights so I feel like her internal clock is probably shifted a little and it's important to check. We've been using the digital OPK because I was afraid I would misread the others and get ahead of myself. I would love to talk to either of you more about our experience since we are using the same RE. Congrats on the boy Colealeigh! I'm so happy to hear a success story because it gives me hope that this is actually possible!
  • Options
    YAY!!!! That is my donor as well! If you would like a picture of my gorgeous daughter email me! Danielle.281@hotmail.com. I would love to stay in contact. I also know another woman has a son with this donor and he is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!!
  • Options
    May I ask what Re you guys go to? I'm considering on finding a new one?
  • Options
    Jen and Traci:
    We hope this time works for you two! We had a pretty good experience with Dr. R and Bev although I must say I was a little disappointed that we didn't hear back from them once we got a BFP...even a simple we got your msg and congrats now go get your OB/GYN would have been nice...but we didn't hear anything from them at all..it sounds like you both are on the right track with your timing...Stacy and I would have prob done the same thing in your shoes...it is all about the timing...Dr. R even says that....I think its easy for them to forget that everyone's schedule is different and not everyone runs in the morning. Timing is especially crucial considering that the egg only survives for about 24 hours, and frozen/thawed sperm only lives for 12-24 hours...its such a touchy thing those OPKs...we would second guess ourselves on whether the line was too faint...or if we were even seeing a line at all! There was something about that third time tho...we switched donors...used Femara...and bam...it happened for us. The femara was the ultimate trick I think...I think it regulated my cycle and allowed my little egg(s) one more day of maturing to get that nice big healthy size.

Please please keep us posted on what happens for you guys! Lots and lots of sticky baby dust to you both! It WILL happen for you! Amanda and Stacy

PS If you ever want to talk with us feel free to email or facebook us...mine is colealeigh@yahoo.com (Amanda) Stacy's is stacykates@yahoo.com...you can look for us on fb with those as well!
  • Options
    Derouton...I am emailing you now!
  • Options
    Rlarr,

We used Dr. Eli Reshef out of OKC...he even has a website if you want to check him out...just type in Eli Reshef in your search engine.

He has his own sperm bank available if you choose that route or he is totally fine with you going elsewhere for frozen donor sperm...all in all a very easy Doc to work with. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Congrats Stacy and Amanda! I have a 3 month old son from this donor, and Stacy emailed me at my aol address back in December. I replied, but it was sent back. I tried again this morning, and so far so good. Would love to know more about you, including where you live. Maybe I'll look for you on FB as well. :)
  • Options
    Wow! Lots of boys from this donor. I too am currently 26 weeks pregnant with this donor and it is a boy. We are so excited. We cannot wait to meet our little guy. Due date May 17th. Congrats to all of you and good luck and best wishes to all that are trying! Keep the faith. 4th time was a charm for us. I wish there were more pics of the donor out there. I'm so curious as to what he will look like. Would like to get in touch with any of you if you are interested.
  • Options
    @christychron:

I would love for you to request me on facebook. I know it is awkward (at least for me) to meet like this, but we are all connected. I have a beautiful baby girl by this donor and I think it's important for us to know each other. My daughter and the 3 month old baby boy are SO beautiful. This donor does good work. Good luck to everyone pregnant out there.

danielle.281@hotmail.com
  • Options
    We r also on FB email address in above post love to hear from U!!!! And yes he has some very good looking babies!!!!!
  • Options
    I am thinking of switching to this donor for this cycle. How is his count and motility? I'm doing IUI. I'm encouraged because it looks like many of you were successful in non IVF cycles!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I am thinking of using #11744 as well. How was the motility? Do you remember the date of the vial used? I was using another cryobank but am switching due to constant low motility. I am going to be on round #5 this month and am hoping for better motility sperm.
  • Options
    Hello All!!
    My husband and I will do our first attempt at IUI next month (April)with donor 11744. Of course we are super excited and anxious! I would love to see pictures of your beautiful children (if you don't mind), from this donor. Thank you for all your wonderful stories! They give us all hope
    !
  • Options
    We R super excited our son will be here tomorrow!!! What an awesome journey this has been!!
  • Options
    I love reading posts like this! Congrats!